Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields: I'll Beat Marshall Again Easily In Rematch, Probably Knock Her Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields: I'll Beat Marshall Again Easily In Rematch, Probably Knock Her Out

Claressa Shields doesn't think she necessarily needs to fight Savannah Marshall again. Shields feels her unanimous points victory over Marshall on October 15 in London was decisive. Even Marshall acknowledged that Shields was the rightful winner of their 10-round middleweight championship match at a sold-out O2 Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

ABS: Always Be Sellin'. Can't knock it.

Another thing that can't be knocked are women boxers TF out when 2 min rounds are the norm.

Can understand Shields talking about KOs when she's following the above maxim to maximize her earning power, 24/7, but the fans already know these KOs won't happen till boxing, and male-run sports orgs, more broadly, stop paternalistically "protecting" women from physical ardour when they have already consented to putting themselves through the ringer, and know exactly what they're doing. Arseholes.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
      ABS: Always Be Sellin'. Can't knock it.

Another thing that can't be knocked are women boxers TF out when 2 min rounds are the norm.

Can understand Shields talking about KOs when she's following the above maxim to maximize her earning power, 24/7, but the fans already know these KOs won't happen till boxing, and male-run sports orgs, more broadly, stop paternalistically "protecting" women from physical ardour when they have already consented to putting themselves through the ringer, and know exactly what they're doing. Arseholes.
      These 2 minutes are way too short at top woman's level. Shields vs Marshall was blood and thunder in the pocket for 20 minutes, so we got legit 20 minutes action, and it was still too short, but then look at Baumgardner vs Mayer, good fight, but so much pandering and backing off, we maybe got 10 minutes worth of a fight, it felt comically short.

In mens fights, with 36 minutes, we can have those spells of little action, and still get plenty of time, but women's fights that have big spells of little engagement, they can never catch fire and end before they begin. Need 10 x 3 min, not 2 min for anything with a world title on the line. Cash in
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cash in View Post

These 2 minutes are way too short at top woman's level. Shields vs Marshall was blood and thunder in the pocket for 20 minutes, so we got legit 20 minutes action, and it was still too short, but then look at Baumgardner vs Mayer, good fight, but so much pandering and backing off, we maybe got 10 minutes worth of a fight, it felt comically short.

In mens fights, with 36 minutes, we can have those spells of little action, and still get plenty of time, but women's fights that have big spells of little engagement, they can never catch fire and end before they begin. Need 10 x 3 min, not 2 min for anything with a world title on the line. Cash in

Cash in, this is exactly the kind of analysis your much esteemed, and August cousin, Nash in, would produce.

Nah, I agree wholeheartedly with this: we've seen a taste of what could be, and we demand MORE, and I've just got glass stuck in my fist from slamming it on a table of drinks
        Cash in Cash in likes this.

Comment

i just cant get into this Female boxing thing man , this fight is a perfect example.

2 min rounds
          short fights

make female boxing contests 12 rds/ 3min and id watch . but this short fight thing aint it .

Comment

Ain't no women gonna beat her in a boxing match anytime soon.. At this point, might as well match her up against C level male boxers.

Comment

Claressa Shields haven't knocked anyone out since LL came out with mama said knock U out, in fact she wasn't even born so there you have it, it can't happen but I like the hype!

Comment

marshall was hyped up as an opponent to make both u and her money, it worked

Comment

Don't see the need to run this fight again, barring there's no one else decent to fight. One thing I am sure of: Shields won't knock her out. She might beat her clearly, but she will not get a KO.

Comment

Shields is the better boxer, but she may not wanna get too reckless in her approach to a rematch with Marshall. While I had her easily winning fight 1, Shields had to dig down deep to finish the bout. Shields even admitted she could not see out of one eye at one point during the fight. Either fighter can win by stoppage. Hope Shields does not get distracted by becoming over confident.

Comment

Working...
                    X