No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol Is a Beterbiev Away: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol Is a Beterbiev Away: Weekend Afterthoughts

It's a two-man race. It's been a two-man race and what happened Saturday in Abu Dhabi just made that more clear. WBA light heavyweight titlist Dmitrii Bivol followed up the biggest win of his career, a decision over super middleweight
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Bivol fights and beats Beterbiev, he's a solid top 5 P4P. I believe he has the skills to do it for sure. Some people call him a boring fighter but I don't see any of that. I can truly appreciate all the things he does in the ring
    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Bivol is above Crawford and Spence already.

names matter.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
        If Bivol fights and beats Beterbiev, he's a solid top 5 P4P. I believe he has the skills to do it for sure. Some people call him a boring fighter but I don't see any of that. I can truly appreciate all the things he does in the ring
        He’s probably top 5 right now and if he beats beterbiev without controversy, it would be tough to argue that he isn’t # 1. Especially if the rest of these guys can’t make any of the significant fights that fans want to see.

TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Bivol v Beter is not a hype job not a promoters and match makers game plan it is a rare fight that needs little to no hype to sell it. Why delay things can happen in the ring - look at this past weekend if you can stomach some of the action that occured on the Show card....Or was it inaction anyhow.....IT should happen with in a year if it dont I wont be surprised but maybe they will take advantage of a solid fight that everyone can make out on....then they can play games on the match making and hype jobs that is boxing....

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            Bivol is above Crawford and Spence already.

names matter.
            Nah, Spence fought 3 champions for his 3 belts, and tried to fight the fourth to become undisputed, before the back door negotiations for a tomato can fight for money instead of legacy was done by the other so-called champion, I'll just call him, Bud, the temporary strap holder. Even if Bivol beats Beterbiev, and I think that he will, it would be him collecting 3 belts from one champion. I would say that what Spence did and was trying to do, is more impressive. But its definitely close.

Comment

Would love to see it in Montreal, definitely the top fight town in Canada.
              MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                He’s probably top 5 right now and if he beats beterbiev without controversy, it would be tough to argue that he isn’t # 1. Especially if the rest of these guys can’t make any of the significant fights that fans want to see.
                How are you top 5 or p4p beating Canelo out-of-division and a can smasher when they other guy has beaten better fighters for world titles in unifications?

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

How are you top 5 or p4p beating Canelo out-of-division and a can smasher when they other guy has beaten better fighters for world titles in unifications?
                  COPE

Canelo was LHW champ. He beat Kovalev for the belt. never lost it. undisputed SMW champ. P4P1 at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

Nah, Spence fought 3 champions for his 3 belts, and tried to fight the fourth to become undisputed, before the back door negotiations for a tomato can fight for money instead of legacy was done by the other so-called champion, I'll just call him, Bud, the temporary strap holder. Even if Bivol beats Beterbiev, and I think that he will, it would be him collecting 3 belts from one champion. I would say that what Spence did and was trying to do, is more impressive. But its definitely close.

boxing has never been about belts. it's about names. period.

Floyd dropped all his belts and didn't want to fight for belts to pay sanctioning fees. belts mean nothing. still P4P 1

Comment

Working...
                    X