Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Savannah Marshall: Shields Knows Fight Was Close, Many People Want To Watch It Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Savannah Marshall: Shields Knows Fight Was Close, Many People Want To Watch It Again

Former middleweight champion Savannah Marshall would love the opportunity to have a rematch with her career rival, Claressa Shields. Last month in London, Shields handed Marshall her first career defeat. Shields boxed and fought her way to a ten round unanimous decision to become the undisputed champion at middleweight for the second time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was a good fight, but Shields won a clear victory. I'm not sure what Marshall could do to change things. Shields is just a better boxer.
    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

With so few elite fighters, a return fight may be the only one in that division, but n the USA next time. It was one of the more exciting female fights, no doubt.
      Last edited by richardt; 11-07-2022, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
        It was a good fight, but Shields won a clear victory. I'm not sure what Marshall could do to change things. Shields is just a better boxer.
        Can't see Marshall changing anything, but they are each other's toughest opponent and no other elite fighters with such a small talent pool so they would produce another exciting fight.
        wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Nah, the only time Marshall was innit is when shields decided to take some rounds off. Shields the better fighter.

Comment

I had it close. Marshall's problem is that she has no power

Comment

Rematch has to happen in America. Which I think Marshall won't be objecting to. Boxxer might not like the idea.

Comment

people would want to watch it again if u can improve and make it closer, other than that, no

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                  I had it close. Marshall's problem is that she has no power
                  Of course she has power, she couldn't land clean because of Shields' movement, but the one time she landed pretty flush, Shields said it hurt her a lot. She fought the wrong game plan imo, especially after it started badly, should have planted her feet more and fired the jab/ double jab, and let Shields come to her sometimes, rather than moving in and letting Shields land first too often. That said, she won 3 or even 4 rounds, she did quite well. Peter Fury is a very good trainer, but one thing I have noticed with him is that he never has plan B prepared. Nash out
                  gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

As a Marshall fan, it was competitive in some rounds, but not close overall. Shields was clearly the better fighter on the night, and I don’t think there’s too much Marshall can do to close the gap.

Not too much interest in seeing it again, but suspect there’s not much else out there for either fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X