Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol's Mastery Continues With Dominant Win Over Zurdo Ramirez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol's Mastery Continues With Dominant Win Over Zurdo Ramirez

By Corey Erdman - There is a quote often attributed to Leonardo Davinci that reads "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." This feels like apt wisdom when it comes to analyzing Dmitry Bivol, whose approach in the ring is unpretentious and fundamentally adherent, but at the same time one of the sport's most puzzling riddles for his opponents.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I've said it b4, Bivol is the cherry pick from hell, because he looks a lot easier and simpler than he really is. His legs are fresh. When u wanna go to to toe, he's just out of range, when u need a breather or miss a punch, he's back in ur face, touching u up, but never gets greedy enough for u to land shots. And he knows when to stand there and throw his combos. He made Canelo cry, and Zurdo thought he was going to beat Bivol up and a) become the glorious darling of Mexico, and b) use his win to embarrass Canelo and either shame him into a big showdown, or tarnish his reputation when Canelo refuses to face him. But Bivol has now made both of them cry. He beat Zurdo just as easily as he did Canelo and it wasn't even close There are no more challengers from Mexico for Bivol. Benavidez though, is absolutely a challenge for Bivol if he moves up.

Comment

Since I first saw Bivol against Joe Smith, I have been impressed. Bivol looks fresh and champion for several
      years. Must have good health habits thought out year. Bivol probably doesn't engage in all out sparring
      sessions.

Comment

Timing is so vital and he has it. Timing can confuse the layman into thinking someone is fighting bums. This dude is seriously skilled. I wish he would dig in yard here and there and try and get a KO.
        Bring on Beterbiev. You cannot come close to bragging dominance until that big mean question mark has been answered.
        sirculturevulture sirculturevulture likes this.

Comment

His management of range is key and has an almost artistic optic to it. And he seems so lucid in the ring. I recall seeing a slow-motion sequence where he was punching with Zurdo and there was such fearlessness and clarity in his eyes. Even the best of boxers can show panic in those moments.
          tmcp tmcp likes this.

Comment

Bivol faced back to back Mexicans but Mexican Style was non-existent.

Comment

Bivol’s skill set is obviously first rate. The author should also have mentioned his phenomenal physical stamina. Bivol’s style is super high energy with a tremendous amount of movement. He’s in, out, feinting, punching in combinations, side-to-side and never takes a break. He just about never hugs the opponent for a moment’s rest. At the end of the Canelo fight and the Zurdo fight, Bivol still looked fresh and energetic, still moving effortlessly, while his opponents were completely gassed. Bivol’s got a very special gift of preternatural endurance, and he’s capitalized on that very well. If the fight had gone another three rounds, it would gotten stopped as Zurdo became increasingly fatigued while Bivol remained with all batteries at full voltage.

Comment

I picked Zurdo to beat Bivol and I was wrong. Congratulations Bivol and Team Bivol, great champion. Let's see what is next for Bivol.

Comment

Bivol is super humble. The Zurdo fight went exactly like I said it would. Not that I usually am that spot on or anything. Anyway, all roads lead to Beterbiev.

Comment

He is an excellent fighter; does so many things well. He controls the distance expertly, has great feet, always knows when to stand and trade or how to get out of danger, has superb reflexes, quick hands, accuracy, a strong chin, great engine. His only realy shortcoming is his power, but otherwise he's the whole package. Very difficult to beat and I think he would have a slight edge over Bebrtiev, which I would not have had said up until fairly recently.

Comment

Working...
                    X