Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeison Rosario: Time To Say Goodbye, I'm Not Fighting Anymore, Time To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jeison Rosario: Time To Say Goodbye, I'm Not Fighting Anymore, Time To Retire

The Armory in Minneapolis - Brian Mendoza (21-2, 15 KOs) seized his opportunity and delivered a stunning fifth-round KO over former unified world champion Jeison Rosario (23-4-1, 17 KOs) in a performance that Mendoza described as career-altering. The 27-year-old Rosario announced his retirement following the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn, only 27?

Hope it's not a Naseem Hamed situation...but if he doesn't have the heart, probably the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
      Damn, only 27?

Hope it's not a Naseem Hamed situation...but if he doesn't have the heart, probably the right call.
      Is desire a better word than heart? Not sure. But he has fallen so far from where he was, and so fast that it must be tremendously difficult to stay motivated and also in such a situation, you must realise that if you get KO'd by a boxer on Mendoza's level then no matter how hard you work it's not likely you're going to get back to be a champ and get thos motivating paydays.
      He was a star that shone exceptionally brighly for a very short time, a shooting star if you will, as opposed to other stars that are dimmer but stay lit for eons - Chisora, Lundy, Pulev,

Comment

I read recently he comes down from 195lbs, if true then no wonder he has a short career
        pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Too soon to call it IMO. Reisario is a damn good fighter.. I guess with the memo that he’s susceptible to the body. I’d say to alter his style because it’ll takes a world class fighter to get inside to exploit it. Who’s lanky with good inside game?? Than pick up on some tricks but don’t move up, his body type is perfect for 54

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

Is desire a better word than heart? Not sure. But he has fallen so far from where he was, and so fast that it must be tremendously difficult to stay motivated and also in such a situation, you must realise that if you get KO'd by a boxer on Mendoza's level then no matter how hard you work it's not likely you're going to get back to be a champ and get thos motivating paydays.
            He was a star that shone exceptionally brighly for a very short time, a shooting star if you will, as opposed to other stars that are dimmer but stay lit for eons - Chisora, Lundy, Pulev,

By heart, I mean his heart isn't fully in it anymore. Which can be dangerous for his health.

Fairly certain the desire is still there, but if your heart has moved on, it is what it is.
            Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 11-06-2022, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by No look hook View Post
              Too soon to call it IMO. Reisario is a damn good fighter.. I guess with the memo that he’s susceptible to the body. I’d say to alter his style because it’ll takes a world class fighter to get inside to exploit it. Who’s lanky with good inside game?? Than pick up on some tricks but don’t move up, his body type is perfect for 54
              The guy has been KO’d 4 times already. Clearly he doesn’t have it. It’s just being a glutton at this point.

Comment

Good! U cost me money MF’er
                Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

One fight wonder. He has the resume of a tomato can without Julian Williams.
                  real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by No look hook View Post
                    Yeah but where does he go really hell just become fodder for these up an coming fighters at 54/60 the guy has big glaring weakness that don't seem to be getting fixed I mean he's only 27 he won 2 world titles so it might not be the right move to be getting beaten up an knocked out by these guys coming through

Comment

Working...
                    X