No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol-Gilberto Ramirez: Stats & Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol-Gilberto Ramirez: Stats & Stakes

By Cliff Rold - How does one encore the best win of their career? How does one encore the best win of 2022? Light heavyweight titlist Dmitrii Bivol is about to answer those two questions. In May, Bivol meticulously outboxed super middleweight champion Saul Alvarez, handing the superstar his first loss since 2013. It was a close fight on the official cards. It wasn't that close in the ring. Bivol used his length, jab, and smart right
    [Click Here To Read More]

looping hooks vs straight punches minus getting caught sliding off of the ropes with guard down. The Pick: Bivol

slumps forward like angulo with hooks, never really throws anything straight but to get in and setup his hooks.

fight plays out like lara / angulo to me. even with all that work by angulo, lara ahead on 2 cards at the time of the stoppage.

ramirez is more sophisticated than angulo but bivol is more complete than lara.
    Last edited by hhh1200; 11-05-2022, 12:50 AM.
    landotter landotter SteveM SteveM like this.

Comment

I actually saw incredible odds that I might take a bet on, for a bet on Zurdo on pts, you get eight times your bet if he wins.

It's a good bet, for a fight that I think's going to be close. Even though I give the edge to Bivol, I think it's a winnable fight for Ramirez.
      SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

Zurdo is a good fighter but it looks like Bivol is on another level compared to him.
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

What's scary about this match-up is how much Zurdo rehydrates. Against his last opponent, he supposedly weighed 204 pounds on fight night.

Bivol is a real talent who has proven himself, but he's also not the biggest LHW on average. 6"2' is the average height with most LHW walking around on average 15-20 pounds heavier.

If Bivol uses his feet, darts in and out with those sumptuous straight, quickfire combinations, as well as attacking the body of the bigger man, he ought to get the decision. No KO here for Bivol me thinks.

Zurdo has that unsettling smiling assassin countenance, and if he can walk Bivol down, trap him on the ropes long enough, he could do some real damage, especially to the body.

This one will be close, but I feel Bivol will really utilise his outboxing skills to keep Zurdo off balance, with some scary moments during the middle rounds, and the 12th.

Should Bivol pull this one out of the fire, FFS can we finally get Beterbiev in the ring before he turns 40?

These two have been circling each other for years. We could finally have an undisputed champion at 175, with the last being ---- ?
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

What time is this fight on, is it prime time USA?

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
              What time is this fight on, is it prime time USA?
              it's in the afternoon in US - possibly 5pm EST but don't take my word for it
              Roadblock Roadblock likes this.

Comment

It is a better fight than the one Beterbiev needs to get out of the way before we get to the unification which is the only thing we care about.

Bivol should win. If not, the rematch will be big. I got Bivol late round stoppage because Ramirez gets desperate and opens himself up.

Comment

Working...
                X