Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rey Vargas, O'Shaquie Foster Reach Terms For Vacant WBC Title Fight, Avoid Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rey Vargas, O'Shaquie Foster Reach Terms For Vacant WBC Title Fight, Avoid Purse Bid

The currently available WBC junior lightweight title won't remain vacant for long. BoxingScene.com has learned that the teams representing Rey Vargas and O'Shaquie Foster have reached a deal for their ordered vacant title fight, thus avoiding a purse bid hearing. The two sides were given 30 days to negotiate terms for their matchup, managing to find common ground well before the November 8 deadline.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Glad Foster is finally getting his shot.

Good matchup

Comment

Looking only at his record this seems like an easy win for Vargas. Granted I’ve never seen Foster fight that I can remember.

Comment

Wasting crawfords time and not wanting to pay him has let pbc make some fights lol
        The Conundrum The Conundrum likes this.

Comment

This is a 50/50 fight. Kind of like foster. Amazingly, lsc continues to avoid fighting anyone. How he has not been stripped is mind boggling.
          The Conundrum The Conundrum likes this.

Comment

Great to see PBC and Probellum working together

Comment

Great to see Al Haymon’s PBC and Daniel Kinahan’s Probellum working together

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                Looking only at his record this seems like an easy win for Vargas. Granted I’ve never seen Foster fight that I can remember.
                This will not be an easy win. I think it will be a 115-113 kind of fight.
                Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

Vargas has the height and reach, but he is too tinny to fight in this division.

His arms and legs are tinny, he is like a skeleton.

Bad and risky move.

He is a great fighter with great boxing IQ.

But he is moving to dark waters in 130

Comment

Dam Foster finally getting a shot against an elite guy for a title. Got off to rocky start with those early L's but he's gotten much better since. Vargas is a huge step up in comp for him even if Vargas is moving up again. Should be a very intriguing matchup.

Comment

Working...
                    X