Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Expect a Much Better Lomachenko in Haney Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Expect a Much Better Lomachenko in Haney Fight

Promoter Eddie Hearn is confidently backing undisputed lightweight champion Devin Haney to defeat Vasiliy Lomachenko in a likely showdown being targeted for 2023.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You have to expect a better Lomachenko, his lackluster performance can be due to a variety of things but you also got to give credit to Ortiz. A lot of times we tend to blame the favorite in fights but you gotta give credit to the other guy. Ortiz is no joke

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
      You have to expect a better Lomachenko, his lackluster performance can be due to a variety of things but you also got to give credit to Ortiz. A lot of times we tend to blame the favorite in fights but you gotta give credit to the other guy. Ortiz is no joke
      Been thinking the same. I was too familiar with Ortiz before, but he impressed. Imagine how disrespected he must feel losing a close decision and everyone piling on his opponent, saying he’s a shot fighter.
      That being said, I don’t see the quick footwork from Loma that he used to display. Maybe Lopez showed the blueprint by anticipating the step outside the front foot, with a quick pivot, right uppercut.
      juanpablo juanpablo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ropeydope View Post
        I don’t see the quick footwork from Loma that he used to display.
        And he needs that quick footwork to effectively close distance against quick, long fighters like Haney. The jab and reach of Ortiz bugged him for the 1st half of the fight. I feel he'll have a similar uphill battle against Haney who has enough pop to win more rounds by outboxing Loma from the outside. Loma won't be able to touch Haney as much as he tagged Ortiz. He'll need a few knockdowns or a KO to beat Haney.

Ropeydope Ropeydope likes this.

Comment

As garbage as Haney is, at this point Father Time may have defeated Lomachenko and Haney may hug his way to another decision win. The man is a terr0rist and i for one do no negotiate with such people. Boycott the fight guys, dont buy it. Certainly Haney will start fighting one of these days
          Last edited by FinlandsFinest; 11-03-2022, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Age could very well be catching up to Loma, but to label him a shot fighter or anywhere near that is disrespecting Jermaine Ortiz. Ortiz was a young, hungry, skilled, undefeated fighter. He’s no slouch. Give the man his props. Loma at 34 fought and edged out a fighter like that.

Comment

That was a better win for Loma than he is being given credit for, it's not easy to take a bigger, younger skilled opponent 's 0. I would favour Ortiz over Kamboses any time.
              Jayallday9 Jayallday9 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                And he needs that quick footwork to effectively close distance against quick, long fighters like Haney. The jab and reach of Ortiz bugged him for the 1st half of the fight. I feel he'll have a similar uphill battle against Haney who has enough pop to win more rounds by outboxing Loma from the outside. Loma won't be able to touch Haney as much as he tagged Ortiz. He'll need a few knockdowns or a KO to beat Haney.
                Yeah, the thing is Haney is even longer than Ortiz. Loma will need to move forward a lot and will be even more predictable.

That being said, Haney just like Spence kinda looks slow from the outside, I rewatched Haney vs Kamb 2, despite dominating, Haney looked sloppy and his right hand looked like slow mo, his defense looked basic too, Loma.might put hands on him.

Maybe it's due to kambodos, Lopez himself looked sloppy vs Kambo who is a wild fighter and he still managed to beat Loma.

Comment

Ortiz looks quicker than Haney, Haney is one punch fast but his combos are slows.

Comment

He won't be different enough to beat Haney, he never was. While Haney's style is not my favorite, he's extremely effective with it. He has a long stiff jab that he changes by doubling or tripling when needed. He uses a very quick counter or two as his opponent tries to make an aggressive move to get inside, and then clinches until he can create his comfortable operating space. His talent and skill show in his choice of which counter or lead to use at what time, and what angles take away the effectiveness of his opponents offense. This comes from experience and knowing his best attributes. For example, he knows that he doesn't possess the power of a Tank, but he has and uses just enough pop in his counters and leads to stop forward movement or clinch and the other fighter has to constantly reset. In the meantime, he continues to pile up rounds on the scorecards and paint the opponent's face from the outside as he gets desperate. It would be even worse for Loma due to his itsby-bitsy arms and the weight advantage, along with Devin having the stamina of a 23 year old to give his best all 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X