Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zerafa Claims 'Verbal Agreement' For Golovkin Fight, Despite IBF Mandatory Still In Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zerafa Claims 'Verbal Agreement' For Golovkin Fight, Despite IBF Mandatory Still In Play

Michael Zerafa insists that he is next in line for a shot at Gennadiy Golovkin. Such a fight--if rumors are true--could result in either or both of Golovkin's middleweight titles becoming vacant. A breaking news story on Fox Sports Australia quoted Melbourne's Zerafa in claiming that a verbal agreement is in place to face the Kazakh boxer next March at a location to be determined. Zerafa first has a fight scheduled with Italy's Danilo Creati (8-0, 1KO) on November 23 in Sydney.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Doubt it. Golovkin gonna facw his ibf mandatory and probably renegotiate his deal with dazn since it's his last contracted fight I belive.

Comment

Surely GGG needs to fight one of his mandatories seemingly the IBF is now first. If Lara has to wait then make him fight Zerafa to hold on to his WBA regular belt

Comment

At this point I don’t think the belts even matter to GGG and why should they? 160 is a barren wasteland now. He should be shopping the most lucrative fights & then call it a day
        Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Damn, GGG is ducking Falcao.

Comment

Originally posted by Homeless Guy View Post
            Doubt it. Golovkin gonna facw his ibf mandatory and probably renegotiate his deal with dazn since it's his last contracted fight I belive.
            Canelo was the last fight on his dazn deal. GGG is a network free agent

Comment

The undercard will be telling tho. If it’s stacked with golovkin promoted fighters it’s definitely a business move. His dazn contract is up but his promotional company contract isn’t.

Comment

Cripple G needs to get stripped, he has fought enough bums to last two lifetimes. He could retire, he was well done in the Murata fight already.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                  At this point I don’t think the belts even matter to GGG and why should they? 160 is a barren wasteland now. He should be shopping the most lucrative fights & then call it a day
                  The belts never mattered to him, it was more of a business move to keep the belts to have the best leverage possible when he eventually would fiace Alvarez. 160 division has been trash for a really long time now, not much has changed since Maravilla Martinez retired and even then the division wasn’t too hot either

Comment

GGGeezer reverting to his prime years with these opponent choices

Comment

Working...
                    X