Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: I Would Fight Wallin, Whyte, Hrgovic - I Like Fighting Good Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua: I Would Fight Wallin, Whyte, Hrgovic - I Like Fighting Good Opponents

Former two-time world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua is willing to face the toughest tests possible in the coming year. Joshua suffered his second consecutive loss to WBO, IBF, IBO, WBA champion Oleksandr Usyk in August. There were initially plans for Joshua to make his return in the month of December, but his comeback was pushed back to next year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That would be nice. He hasn’t fought any of the top champions of his era.

Comment

Translation: Whyte it is then
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MBE View Post
        That would be nice. He hasn’t fought any of the top champions of his era.
        Who in this cohort has actually fought the top champions of their era in HW?

I’ve got three names for you: Usyk in his 3rd HW fight; Fury, albeit one of the ‘top champions’ is in reality a garbage boxer; and Chisora, who has fought more of them than the rest put together.

AJ fought Usyk x 2, who was and is a top champion everywhere, inc. at amateur level, and Parker (who is not top level), and Klitschko one fight removed from when he was a top champion. Relatively speaking, that’s not that bad.

Comment

Likes fighting good opponents but only fought one, and was well beaten twice. Does he hear the **** that comes out his mouth ffs.

Enjoyed fighting Usyk so much he had a little cry afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Speng View Post
            Likes fighting good opponents but only fought one, and was well beaten twice. Does he hear the **** that comes out his mouth ffs.

Paraphrasing a reply of mine above: Who among his HW cohort actually has fought an array of ‘good opponents’, bar Chisora?

I don’t rate Joshua as particularly good boxer, BY ANY STRETCH, but based on the standards regularly applied to him around here, I’d say almost no-one meets the standard in this generation of the quasi-mythical-take-on-all-comers HW that NSB claims to demand

Re: the post-Usyk cry: lmao

Comment

Outta those 3, fight Hrgovic! Hrgovic is IBF # 1, so a victory puts AJ right back in the mix!

Comment

Happy with any of these opponents considering he’s lost his last two fights

I like my HW champions to be ripped and handsome

Wladimir was the greatest in that respect

Spider-Pear Fury is too soft for me to enjoy in the same way. The jigglyness of his pectorals are ‘a super turn off’
                MusoMeanderings MusoMeanderings likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Who in this cohort has actually fought the top champions of their era in HW?

I’ve got three names for you: Usyk in his 3rd HW fight; Fury, albeit one of the ‘top champions’ is in reality a garbage boxer; and Chisora, who has fought more of them than the rest put together.

AJ fought Usyk x 2, who was and is a top champion everywhere, inc. at amateur level, and Parker (who is not top level), and Klitschko one fight removed from when he was a top champion. Relatively speaking, that’s not that bad.
                  My mistake, I should have said he hasn’t beaten any top champion of his era and will be remembered that way unless things change. When we look back a decade from now the only names that will be remembered are Usyk, Fury and Wilder and he’s only faced one of them who he lost to.

He often claims he’s fought top names but none he has faced will be remembered bar usyk.

I think klitschko had been out the ring for some time, was an old man by then and was coming off a loss and he went life and death with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Speng View Post

Let’s not give him too much credit. He didn’t think Usyk was that good going into the first fight since he looked bad at hw up to that point.

Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X