Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell, Julian Williams Will Aim For Big Wins on Morrell-Yerbossynuly Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell, Julian Williams Will Aim For Big Wins on Morrell-Yerbossynuly Card

A jam-packed three-bout lineup of exciting undercard attractions featuring a longtime contender, a former unified world champion and a pair of unbeatens will stream live on the Showtime Sports YouTube channel and Showtime Boxing Facebook page this Saturday, November 5 in a Premier Boxing Champions event from The Armory in Minneapolis preceding SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Depending on how much Gonzalez has left in the tank that's a very winnable fight for him against Dirrell who doesn't like pressure.

Comment

I can't believe Andre Dirrell is still fighting. I also can't believe Gonzalez is still fighting, although I was surprised he gave Zurdo a hard night not so long ago.
      Last edited by Body the jab; 11-01-2022, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I thought it was an old article (like years old) when I saw Dirrell and J-Rock in the title. The LHW matchup is an interesting one. Both Dirrell and Gonzalez have seen better days but the bigger, harder hitting man is the Cuban. He didn't look half bad in a losing effort to Zurdo.

On a side note, they are putting J-Rock in incredibly soft in this one...

Comment

"Jam-packed"? Boxingscene straight shilling for PBC. 2 washed up once good nowhere near great fighters in favorable match-ups? Name recognition doesn't mean anything when these guys never gonna compete at a high level again. At least feed them to up and comers if you are gonna pay these guys.
          Last edited by jonnyc420; 11-01-2022, 06:57 PM.
          TheIronMike TheIronMike likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
            I thought it was an old article (like years old) when I saw Dirrell and J-Rock in the title. The LHW matchup is an interesting one. Both Dirrell and Gonzalez have seen better days but the bigger, harder hitting man is the Cuban. He didn't look half bad in a losing effort to Zurdo.

On a side note, they are putting J-Rock in incredibly soft in this one...
            That's because J-rock hasn't looked good in a while and neither has Jarrett Hurd. Those two guys gave us 6-7 years of action packed all out wars but I thunk it's time to shut the party down and turn the lights off!

Comment

"Impressive run including winning against unbeaten Arthur Abraham". What a joke. That fight was the beginning of his diving career....and a wake up call for Abraham in regards to corruption in the sport. Justified all the reasons that great champs like Ottke and Calzaghe stayed away.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                "Jam-packed"? Boxingscene straight shilling for PBC. 2 washed up once good nowhere near great fighters in favorable match-ups? Name recognition doesn't mean anything when these guys never gonna compete at a high level again. At least feed them to up and comers if you are gonna pay these guys.
                Ever heard of a press release? That’s what this article was. Not Boxingscene “straight shilling for PBC”.

Comment

Julian Williams....sure. But Andre Dirrell? Seriously? Al Haymon deserves to get thrown on the street by FOX for this ish.....is it 2009?????

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    Ever heard of a press release? That’s what this article was. Not Boxingscene “straight shilling for PBC”.
                    Fine, Boxingscene promotes instead of fact-checking PBC farce, new headline, you happy? They have and still are shilling for PBC. These are go nowhere fights and should be called out as such. At least put it in quotes like I did and have a shred of integrity. They dig up the corpses of Ortiz and Alexander from time to time, guess us fans just ought to expect the status quo from good ol' Uncle Al.

Comment

Working...
                    X