Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: In Facing Anderson Silva, Jake Paul's Opposition Improved, And So Did He

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: In Facing Anderson Silva, Jake Paul's Opposition Improved, And So Did He

By Corey Erdman - If you were a boxing fan who had no idea who Jake Paul or Anderson Silva were and walked into a bar showing their fight on Saturday night, you might have wondered how a fight of this caliber was a pay-per-view main event, but you wouldn't have questioned that the men in the ring were legitimate professional fighters.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He couldn’t finish off a 47 year old mma fighter. Fack no.

Comment

Originally posted by panson View Post
      He couldn’t finish off a 47 year old mma fighter. Fack no.
      A 47yr old who was knocked out 2x in sparring before this fight

Comment

I don't understand the hate for this kid. He has moved up in competition with every fight, and won. He has fought hard and won. Yes, he is an amateur. No, he does not look like a pro boxer. No, he won't fight the light heavy or cruise champ, but he is putting and keeping, a lot of eyes on boxing. I wish him success.

P.S. I thought he would lose the Askren and both Woodley fights.
        jcov989 jcov989 likes this.

Comment

A 47 yr old with no leg's!? Sure sure sure

Comment

Originally posted by Ry92 View Post

A 47yr old who was knocked out 2x in sparring before this fight
            I don't believe he was KO'd in sparring. Even so, do you know how many pros get dropped or knocked out in sparring? It happens all the time. Joshua has reportedly been KO'd a few times in sparring, by Dubois and that Philly journeyman. Joyce knocked him around too.
            gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

I haven't watched any of the fight but it sounds like Paul has improved a bit. I think it's much more important that an All Time Great boxer fought this weekend and beat an exceptionally talented prospect who looked a good two weight divisions above him. Surely that deserves a 'Weekend Afterthoughts' type article?
              Haka Haka likes this.

Comment

Just popping in to say that I don’t give a **** and if BoxingScene continues bloating their site with this drivel, I’ll look elsewhere for “news” and “analysis.”

There is always a heavy demand for fresh mediocrity. In every generation the least cultivated taste has the largest appetite.​” ~ Paul Gauguin
                Last edited by sirculturevulture; 10-31-2022, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Why didn't jake be a pro fighter if he likes fighting so much?

Comment

Originally posted by sirculturevulture View Post
                    Just popping in to say that I don’t give a **** and if BoxingScene continues bloating their site with this drivel, I’ll look elsewhere for “news” and “analysis.”

There is always a heavy demand for fresh mediocrity. In every generation the least cultivated taste has the largest appetite.​” ~ Paul Gauguin
                    Dont need to announce your departure dummy.

greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X