Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney: It Wasn't Lomachenko's Best Performance, I Expect Better Version If We Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haney: It Wasn't Lomachenko's Best Performance, I Expect Better Version If We Fight

Hulu Theater, Madison Square Garden, New York City - WBC, WBO, IBF, WBA lightweight champion Devin Haney was ringside on Saturday night, as he watched former three division world champion Vasiliy Lomachenko win a twelve round unanimous decision over previously undefeated Jamaine Ortiz (16-1-1, 8 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Loma looks two weight divisions smaller than Haney , I couldn't see that ending well.

Comment

There's no WBC franchise way out this time. Boringchenko better duck Haney again. It's not going to be good for him when they fight early next spring
      A_State501 A_State501 likes this.

Comment

I want to like Devon Haney. He’s got incredible boxing skills. But he doesn’t have the “it” factor. Zero personality. Zero charisma. He doesn’t draw me in. I can see why he’s hard to promote.

Comment

Before the Loma Ortiz fight, I never understood why people thought Haney would "duck" Loma and move up to escape - because 140 clearly has more depth and is a much more dangerous division than 135.
          Last edited by Body the jab; 10-30-2022, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Let's be honest, Lomo has always been kind of a hypejob. He looked like garbage and got a gift decision. He's washed now, can no longer pull the trigger, can't fight for a full 3 minutes, and was constantly holding to try to slow the action.

117-111 and 116-112 tells me the scorecards were pre-filled out before the fight. How much did Lyin' Bob pay off the judges to preserve the cash out fight with Haney?

Haney looked huge next to lil Lomo and would absolutely annihilate him. Easy UD. If Haney could punch Lomo would be in a world of hurt. I have my doubts Lomo even takes that fight now.

At this point, I'm not so sure Lomo gets in the HOF or even gets to 20 wins before calling it a day.

cruz1383 cruz1383 likes this.

Comment

The Matrix is glitching. Loma has been outsized for 8 straight matches now. It was fun for a while because it got boring watching him dominate at lower weight classes, but now he’s past his prime and his legs are going. I don’t see him beating Haney.

Comment

Originally posted by kingkida View Post
                I want to like Devon Haney. He’s got incredible boxing skills. But he doesn’t have the “it” factor. Zero personality. Zero charisma. He doesn’t draw me in. I can see why he’s hard to promote.
                I hear you. I do feel like Devin is actually refreshing to listen to when he speaks. He isn’t the usual materialistic boasts than many other young fighters do.

Hes clearly well educated, very polite and extremely skilled and talented in the ring. I also have a lot of respect for Bill Haney too.

In an era where fathers crave more attention than they’re fighting sons, Bill is always happy to take a backward step and allow other coaches to train his son.

I think Devin beats Ryan Garcia and gives Tank a tough fight, however I think Shakur Seems to do everything Devin can do and more I see him as the real deal to beat all his adversaries, I.e Haney, Garcia,Tank.

Comment

Haney gets it. Kudos to him for being honest that Loma was just rusty. He will be better when they fight .

Comment

Originally posted by kingkida View Post
                    He's undefeated, making lot of money and is the current undisputed 135 world champion

Comment

Working...
                    X