Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul: Dana White Is The Reason I Took Anderson Silva Fight, To Shut Him The Hell Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jake Paul: Dana White Is The Reason I Took Anderson Silva Fight, To Shut Him The Hell Up

GLENDALE, Arizona - Dana White was unwillingly instrumental in the Jake Paul-Anderson Silva spectacle coming together. The UFC president had nothing to do with their negotiations, but his intense dislike for Paul pushed the YouTuber-turned-boxer to accept this eight-round cruiserweight boxing match against one of the most legendary figures White's company has ever promoted. In explaining why White has such disdain for him, the polarizing Paul continued to needle mixed martial arts' most powerful figure following a press conference Thursday at Desert Diamond Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nope, you took it because Silva is long past his prime.

Comment

Silva been knocked out twice, that's worrying. I guess he's sparring seasoned boxers that's why

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Silva been knocked out twice, that's worrying. I guess he's sparring seasoned boxers that's why
        Yes he has, that why has facing a non top rated guy here under his rules I might add. This is a side show, Boxing does not need that. I for one have no interest in seeing this " boxing match " and will not be any part of filling the pockets of Sliva or Paul. It's really a celebrity boxing match. Well -- its not like they are donating any part of their purses for charity. Call it what it is!
        AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Yes he has, that why has facing a non top rated guy here under his rules I might add. This is a side show, Boxing does not need that. I for one have no interest in seeing this " boxing match " and will not be any part of filling the pockets of Sliva or Paul. It's really a celebrity boxing match. Well -- its not like they are donating any part of their purses for charity. Call it what it is!
          Yes, but these fights are getting more common i dont know whos responsible. Ali was fighting Inoki way back when. Lebel fighting Savage. More recently floyd seemed to kickstart it, though im sure hes not responsible. But i think they are quite popular and intrigue people so they will continue. All you have to do is have a personality people dont like then people will pay to see someone kick your ass. Im not naming names and saying Jake paul personality is unlikeable may i add.
          Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

Jake’s just clout chasing here ,White already gave him props for taking the fight months ago .

Comment

Jack vs Dana 2023

Comment

Well, he's not exactly fighting Anderson in the cage is he.

But yes, the UFC guys, current or retired, love to come to boxing because there's much more money.

I'm sure Ngannou is hoping he can get that Tyson Fury fight. He'll never have to work another day in his life with that cash.

And somehow, youtube celeb Jake Paul, is that appealing that Showtime pay him well, and a good fighter like Breidis called him out.

Whatever the Paul brothers are doing, it's working well for them.

Comment

These celebrity fights are more commoplace because they offer intrigue, at least enough to draw paying spectators. In boxing, the best don't fight the best typically so their matchups are showcase fights with little intrigue. Nothing to sell, poor entertainment. I'm not a big fan of this kid but he's successful in the business. And he still has a chance to gain respect from boxing fans if he steps up his competition. Let's see how it goes.

Comment

What do I have to do to shut Jake Paul up?
                    TBOXING245 TBOXING245 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X