No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Discusses The Boxing Future of Conor Benn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Discusses The Boxing Future of Conor Benn

Eddie Hearn believes that Conor Benn must face a hearing into his failed drugs test before he can return to the ring, even if it leads to Benn trying to break his contract with Matchroom.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You have these big events that falls apart because of fighters drug test and so much money is lost. For Benn/Eubank there was no plan B because they sold the nostalgia for that fight. No other fighter would had fit that bill. Fighters have to be held accountable because so many people depend on them for these events to come through. Plus they give boxing another black eye.
    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Poor old Eddie!

This whole thing has cost him some money but apparently no sleepless nights because he's used to it now. Almost like trouble follows him around...

He was just an innocent bystander when Conor wanted to fight a guy from two divisions up to make easy money out of casual fans and had to not take PEDS to bulk up!
      Conor may have failed a drugs test but he is definitely innocent, he's a God fearing man! It even says so on his twitter profile! Something might have accidentally got into his system when he wasn't looking, but it was accidental, so he is innocent! See?!

Other drug cheats take note: If it was an accident, you're "innocent".

Eddie didn't want to try and go ahead with the fight even after the failed test forcing the BBBoC to say they weren't sanctioning it! That was all just a big misunderstanding! If only they'd have said that the day before he could have cancelled the hotels and not cost him any money! And it's not his or Conor's fault that after failing the test they hid this from the public and media for at least two weeks before trying to proceed with the fight anyway because....err....umm.....because, of...err?! Honest guv'!

"Innocent bystander" Eddie in the dock again! Dude just can't get a break!

Wait, if Conor really is "Innocent" why doesn't he just have the B sample tested, see it conclude that the A sample was in fact contaminated, then he can get his licence back, have the fight and we can all move on? Hmmmmm....Or is he some other kind of "Innocent"?
      Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

hqdefault.jpg

Its all going pear shaped for old Eddie boy
        Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

I need someone to educate me.

He failed a VaDA test, right? VADA governs worldwide, not just UK. shouldn’t his failed test also affect his license in other countries as well?
          thack thack likes this.

Comment

AJ has no belts... Conor is gone for a few years because of Peds ... Boxxer Sky and BT took all the UK popular fighters ... the chic fights are with espn/Sky ... Dazn has been an abysmal failure in the States and they have no fighters over here ... can someone please tell me what Hearn's next move is? It's over!
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
              AJ has no belts... Conor is gone for a few years because of Peds ... Boxxer Sky and BT took all the UK popular fighters ... the chic fights are with espn/Sky ... Dazn has been an abysmal failure in the States and they have no fighters over here ... can someone please tell me what Hearn's next move is? It's over!
              Why would Connor be gone for a couple years? Although I think a PED fail should be a minimum ban of 2 years for the first test in reality there are worse situations getting a pass on 6 month bans. Why should Benn be any different?
              greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

What does he mean Jardel Miller wasnt his fighter? He was miller’s promoter and fought on dazn. I swear if any American fighter fight for Hearn they are the biggest idiots on the planet
                1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
                  Johnny "The Romford Bull" Fisher loool

Comment

Discerning fans here predicted the decline of Hearn ages ago. It was clear as day. Guy is an arrogant prick who doesn’t play well with others. Its a business - there will be ups and downs and during the downs you’ll have to collaborate with competitors. Thought he could go if alone and be a cowboy with his silly app that nobody in the USA has ever heard of, and duping naive and desperate for national heroes UK press and public. It’s over. All he can do now is spin and deflect. Half his stable have been humiliated in the ring. Other half have been humiliated in the laboratory

Comment

Working...
                    X