Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jesse 'Bam' Rodriguez To Campaign At 112; Eyes WBO Title, Unification Bouts With Edwards And Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jesse 'Bam' Rodriguez To Campaign At 112; Eyes WBO Title, Unification Bouts With Edwards And Martinez

Jesse Rodriguez has long envisioned winning major titles as high as the 130-pound division by the time his career is through. The next step he will take to become a multi-division champion will actually move towards a lower weight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The one I need to see at some point is Bam Junto Nakatani.

Comment

He is the future around those weight classes. There is no real money to be made so more than likely he will be getting some of those names.

Comment

So is he gonna have to vacate the WBC? If so let Gonzalez and Estrada battle for the vacant title.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          So is he gonna have to vacate the WBC? If so let Gonzalez and Estrada battle for the vacant title.
          Or put it up for grabs when he his brother fights Ioka.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
            Or put it up for grabs when he his brother fights Ioka.
            That already has the WBO 115 title on the line though right? Gonzalez-Estrada III deserves a title on the line IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Body the jab View Post
              The one I need to see at some point is Bam Junto Nakatani.
              Bam's people don't want the Nakatani fight. Which is why they're moving in different directions.

Bam better be careful though.
              Got alot of young prospects at Flyweight.
              The biggest threat outta them is Anthony " Princessa " Olascuaga IMO.
              Not only is he Nakatani's stablemate.
              He's also a young prospect with Explosive power being fast tracked to a fight with Bam.
              Last edited by Idunnoshet; 10-26-2022, 03:00 PM.
              buddyr buddyr likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

That already has the WBO 115 title on the line though right? Gonzalez-Estrada III deserves a title on the line IMO.
                I can't disagree with that, Estrada is my favorite fighter but his injuries have stalled the division a bit and I'd just like it to get a step closer to undisputed. The winners should fight each other either way.

I also thought Estrada lost against Chocolatito in the rematch, but he deserved the first fight so it evens out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                  I can't disagree with that, Estrada is my favorite fighter but his injuries have stalled the division a bit and I'd just like it to get a step closer to undisputed. The winners should fight each other either way.

I also thought Estrada lost against Chocolatito in the rematch, but he deserved the first fight so it evens out.
                  That’s fair enough mate, I see your point.

I also had Gonzalez winning, though for was a bit of a robbery tbh. The fight was competitive but Chocolatito was the clear winner for me.
                  Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

i wanted jesse to target kenshiro - kyoguchi winner (lineal champion) for his first fight next year then, win or lose, defend his wbc 115 title. that would leave enough room for martinez and edwards to unify and establish lineal champion at flyweight (they already wanted). rodriguez - martinez/edwards would then be great. winning those 3 fights would make him top5 p4p and depending on some other results, maybe even number 1 in my book. he could be on the cusp of hof before he's 25. this is why i follow boxing. i want to see how talented boxers become hofers and atgs.
                    targeting vacant wbo title is disappointing compared to my plan for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X