Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Shakes His Head at Fury Fighting Chisora Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Shakes His Head at Fury Fighting Chisora Next

Luis Ortiz is still shaking his head in disbelief. The former title challenger can't believe that WBC/lineal heavyweight champion Tyson Fury will face Derek Chisora in a trilogy bout that seemingly no one called for on December 3rd. Fury already owns a wide points and knockout victory over Chisora.
    [Click Here To Read More]

As much as I think that King Kong would still lose to Tyson Fury, he's right.

Fury is rapidly losing all the credibility he had gained in the last few years.

Comment

"If you want a real fight, I’m here you big dosser so stop calling fighters out and then choose the easy pickings.”

The actual story here is that Ortiz was paid to read out a mass marketing letter sent by Fury that he and 1000 other people received.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

And all because he wants to fight the top guys who aren't ready for him....

Comment

I thought Pulev won against Chisora but a win is a win . If someone has recently lost a fight and isn’t a draw they aren’t going to get any fighter going out of their way like Fury anyway who puts money as the priority over anything . If he did take Ortiz then we’d have to question why nit Ruiz and it’ll be a trickle effect . The only question relevant here for fighters and fans is why was Joshua the only guy hit with deadlines and 24 hour time periods ? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post

And all because he wants to fight the top guys who aren't ready for him....
            I'm not saying he doesn't want to fight the best, but this Chisora III shìte doesn't make him look any good.
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

The devil is in the details. It was NEVER about coming off a loss. This is all about being ready and available. Fury wishes to stay active. I do not love a 3rd match with Chisora and Fury did offer Joshua the fight. We can argue about semantics but I do not see King Kong making himself available for Dec 3rd nor have I read his claim anywhere that he'd be ready and clear for that date.

Today people slag Fury for Chisora, but tune-ups happen at heavyweight. How about these guys from the past: Scott Frank, Lucien Rodriguez, Scott LeDoux (Larry Holmes) or Richard Dunn (Ali) or Terry Daniels (Joe Frazier)?
              Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded Terror View Post

The devil is in the details. It was NEVER about coming off a loss. This is all about being ready and available. Fury wishes to stay active. I do not love a 3rd match with Chisora and Fury did offer Joshua the fight. We can argue about semantics but I do not see King Kong making himself available for Dec 3rd nor have I read his claim anywhere that he'd be ready and clear for that date.

Today people slag Fury for Chisora, but tune-ups happen at heavyweight. How about these guys from the past: Scott Frank, Lucien Rodriguez, Scott LeDoux (Larry Holmes) or Richard Dunn (Ali) or Terry Daniels (Joe Frazier)?
                Did those guys get hit with deadlines to ?

He’s getting slagged off for fake calls outs and offers to the fight everyone wanted nothing more while making lame excuses not to take several and his own team used boxrec not the actual WBC rankings ? Lol
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-24-2022, 10:05 AM.
                greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded Terror View Post

FURTHER still - Usyk, Ruiz, Hrgovic won't be ready for Dec 3rd. Joyce said he would however that is a match that I can see the back-end wanting to marinate some. Personally I would love it but even then, would Joyce be 100% after that war with Parker. On the flip side will he be past it at 38 a year from now? Wilder? Whyte (no)? Pulev (come on!)?

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Did those guys get hit with deadlines to ?

He’s getting slagged off for fake calls outs and offers to the fight everyone wanted nothing more while making lame excuses not to take several and his own team used boxrec not the actual WBC rankings ? Lol
                    Fake call-outs?

Joshua was coming off a loss.

Usyk said he wasn't ready.

Deadlines are games. Any clear thinking fan KNEW Fury was clowning for money by NOT letting go of his plastic belt. The WBC played along. If you know heavyweight history, and that is a question, then you know deadlines always exist at the business and sanctioning end. They just don't always get waved around like a flag.

If YOU feel Fury is an act, tell it to Klitschko and Wilder and Eddie Hearn.

Heavyweight champions historically have taken tune-ups.
                    Good ol' Douglas Good ol' Douglas likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X