Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is Boxing's 2022 Glass Half-Full or Half-Empty?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Is Boxing's 2022 Glass Half-Full or Half-Empty?

It's pretty easy to be a glass half-empty kind of guy in boxing. Actually, it's way too easy. The wound was still open from the fight that didn't happen between Chris Eubank Jr and Conor Benn, and this week we found out, without question, that the hugely-anticipated clash between Terence Crawford and Errol Spence will not take place in 2022.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In a nutshell boxing has been incredibly poor this year. Yes, roll on 2023

Comment

Boxing in 2022 ? What Boxing the Summer was devoid of any real fights, the Spring started off but never got traction...... And the simple thing is until fight fans get to know how strong they are how much influence and power they have bc it is there already nothing will happen. Just knowing the power the average fan has is not enought tho the fight fans has to flex a little show himself. That means not buying PPV fights that do not deserve the attention much less the money to look at. It is not being negative its just being honest with yourself. Just calling it as you see it and backing it up. Stop just complaining bc you did not get the fights you wanted. Nobody tells Boxing what to do except Boxing ....Know that now. So hit them where it hurts them the most, in the pockets. Stop watching and paying for fights that are below the level of acceptable match ups, stop believing just because a fight is a PPV attraction it is worth anything at all. Stop listening to online boxing writers that work for the Promoters that write about anything the promoters want them to say so they get access to the fighters, get to sit with the promoters for interviews get to be around the so called action of boxing. Who drives boxing ? The FAN DRIVES BOXING so start acting like it flex a little......And dont go beating up on each other, that just keeps fight fans from uniting together and getting back to fights fights that are well matched, fights that lead to other fights that type of thing. Dont just complain do something that goes to the writer too dont advertise fights that are not worth the time and money. Like any of this will really happen only if fight fans unite by sitting out fight cards.................
      Eddegear Eddegear likes this.

Comment

Unfortunately you hit it on the nose. Boxing is killing itself. The Mayweather strategy is the norm now. It’s a business now, not a sport. Make as much money as you can with the least risk. Great for the fighters and promoters, bad for the sport. That’s the reason you see MMA taking off. Their fighters are putting on fights that their fans want to see nearly every month. Selling out venues and generating great PPV numbers and their fighters aren’t making nearly what boxers make. Meanwhile promoters are protecting their fighters from getting a loss. The days when fighters like Duran, Hagler, Leonard, Hearns, and Del La Hoya just to name a few, wanted to fight the best and made good money doing it. Those type of fighters and promoters seems to be long gone now. If you want to kill a sport, this is how you do it. And that’s unfortunate for fans like me, because the fan base isn’t growing anymore. It’s dying, and will continue too. Wake up folks, before it’s to late.
        tmcp tmcp likes this.

Comment

A defeatist attitude is common among boxing fans due to the fact that they are generally ignorant of the valuable matches going on around the drama.

In the following weeks boxing is packed with great fights in the month of November alone, get a clue ; try learning about the sport as a whole, whilst you wait on the 'Gypsy-Bum' or Errol Stench to lie to you again.

I just witnessed the G.W.O.A.T prove that she is the greatest and women's boxing emerge to a greater level: I witness the American-Nightmare retain and defend the undisputed lightweight crown back-to-back in Australia, breaking records.

I witness Jermell Charlo vs. Brian Castano II to crown a undisputed jr. middleweight champion, I witness Jerwin Ancajas miserble long reign as IBF champ come to a end against Fernando 'Pumita' Martinez! Jai Opetaia upset the lineal cruiserweight champion Mairis Briedis! I witness Culero Alvarez get schooled by Dimitry Bivol as Alvarez attempted to win the WBA light heavyweight title ,

Conor Benn WHO?! Wow! I'm surely going to miss him! GTFOH CASUAL MF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddegear View Post
            Unfortunately you hit it on the nose. Boxing is killing itself. The Mayweather strategy is the norm now. It’s a business now, not a sport. Make as much money as you can with the least risk. Great for the fighters and promoters, bad for the sport. That’s the reason you see MMA taking off. Their fighters are putting on fights that their fans want to see nearly every month. Selling out venues and generating great PPV numbers and their fighters aren’t making nearly what boxers make. Meanwhile promoters are protecting their fighters from getting a loss. The days when fighters like Duran, Hagler, Leonard, Hearns, and Del La Hoya just to name a few, wanted to fight the best and made good money doing it. Those type of fighters and promoters seems to be long gone now. If you want to kill a sport, this is how you do it. And that’s unfortunate for fans like me, because the fan base isn’t growing anymore. It’s dying, and will continue too. Wake up folks, before it’s to late.
            I’ve been banging this drum for a long time , as I write this message it’s done as we knew it , will it become a serious again ? I honestly don’t know but I’m embarrassed and saddened by what’s going on … fury v chisora ? Come on FFS

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

A defeatist attitude is common among boxing fans due to the fact that they are generally ignorant of the valuable matches going on around the drama.

In the following weeks boxing is packed with great fights in the month of November alone, get a clue ; try learning about the sport as a whole, whilst you wait on the 'Gypsy-Bum' or Errol Stench to lie to you again.

I just witnessed the G.W.O.A.T prove that she is the greatest and women's boxing emerge to a greater level: I witness the American-Nightmare retain and defend the undisputed lightweight crown back-to-back in Australia, breaking records.

I witness Jermell Charlo vs. Brian Castano II to crown a undisputed jr. middleweight champion, I witness Jerwin Ancajas miserble long reign as IBF champ come to a end against Fernando 'Pumita' Martinez! Jai Opetaia upset the lineal cruiserweight champion Mairis Briedis! I witness Culero Alvarez get schooled by Dimitry Bivol as Alvarez attempted to win the WBA light heavyweight title ,

Conor Benn WHO?! Wow! I'm surely going to miss him! GTFOH CASUAL MF!!!
              I laughed out loud at you calling Haney the "American-Nightmare". Its clever, he is the American-Nightmare... because he puts you to sleep... No no no, not his opponents, he puts YOU to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

I laughed out loud at you calling Haney the "American-Nightmare". Its clever, he is the American-Nightmare... because he puts you to sleep... No no no, not his opponents, he puts YOU to sleep.

Says the Cuban boxing fan/ 'Rigotard'.

Comment

Cheers, Tris.

The glass has been knocked off the table mate. It's in shards on the floor and your pint is long gone.

Comment

Canelo and Fury carried the year like always.

Canelo challenged himself in a very difficult fight and tried to become GOAT p4p ever. He failed but he showed his heart. Then, he schooled N1 MW on the planet Golovkin.

Fury schooled boogeyman Shyte without eating any clean punches. And now, he will give last big payday to his pal Chisora who deserves it. Coward Usyk and Joshua ruined a potential majestic end of 2022.

Comment

Working...
                    X