Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salita: Shields' Rematch With Marshall Should Happen Within Next 12-18 Months In U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Salita: Shields' Rematch With Marshall Should Happen Within Next 12-18 Months In U.S.

A rematch with Savannah Marshall won't be next for Claressa Shields, but Shields' promoter expects them to fight again within the next year-and-a-half.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I doubt the boxing community in US could/would support the rematch as well as the UK could. Would also have to pair it with another marquee female fight or a good men's matchup.

Looking around the female landscape there aren't that many challenges for either of them around their weight class that they haven't defeated. Might as well run it back.

Comment

12-18 months? So Savanah Marshall is going to have fights in between, move up and fight Franchon Crews and earn a rematch. Create some buzz or argument that you are more dangerous at super-middleweight -- since Claressa is planing to add muscle to fight above the middleweight limits.

Comment

“Marshall should have a few fights against highly ranked fighters and prove she deserves the fight. Who has she fought??”

sound familiar?

Comment

They definitely need to rematch someday. I thought Shields stayed on the ropes to much and that fight could've been a draw or won close either way.

Comment

i really want to see Marshall against Franzon Cruz. Thats a good fight. Either way, Shields beats her easily again. What she going to learn in that time frame? She's just too slow and lacks defense.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              They definitely need to rematch someday. I thought Shields stayed on the ropes to much and that fight could've been a draw or won close either way.
              yall still on that bull****. The most rounds Marshall could have won is 3. Clearly a 7-3 or 8-2 fight. NO way in hell she won 6 rounds. There is absolutely no argument for that. NONE!!!

Comment

Such a bore topped off with a cooked decision. Women's Boxing is approaching reality show status.

Comment

The rematch will happen probably sooner than later simply because there are just not enough women in boxing for tons of fights at the higher levels. I had the fight 7-3 for Shields.
                  Last edited by richardt; 10-23-2022, 01:51 PM.

Comment

This promoter for Shields is delusional thinking she is going to go on a world tour like Ali. The win against Marshall will be the pinnacle of her career with her fading away within a few years.

Comment

Working...
                    X