Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul Credits Chad Dawson With Helping Him Prepare For Anderson Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jake Paul Credits Chad Dawson With Helping Him Prepare For Anderson Silva

In less than a week, Youtube star turned boxer - Jake Paul - will finally return to the ring. Paul will collide with UFC legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva in an eight round main event, on October 29th from Desert Diamond Arena, just outside of Phoenix, Arizona.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    In less than a week, Youtube star turned boxer - Jake Paul - will finally return to the ring. Paul will collide with UFC legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva in an eight round main event, on October 29th from Desert Diamond Arena, just outside of Phoenix, Arizona.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    ————
    After watching Silva beat Chavez Jr at almost 50 years old, it’s safe to say this is actually a step up for Jake Paul.
    If Paul beats Silva, that win will give him some serious traction.
    I hate that I’m rooting for Paul to beat Silva.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
      ————
      After watching Silva beat Chavez Jr at almost 50 years old, it’s safe to say this is actually a step up for Jake Paul.
      If Paul beats Silva, that win will give him some serious traction.
      I hate that I’m rooting for Paul to beat Silva.
      Why do you hate that you’re rooting for him? Just curious

Comment

I never liked Jake Paul the youtuber but I have a good deal of respect for Jake Paul the boxer now. He could have treated his entry into the sport like a gimmick or joke, and while some people still see it that way IMO he's done a lot to show his dedication and commitment to the sport. He doesn't need to fight for money or fame, he was set before he ever laced up, so it's kinda amazing to see how seriously he's approached his foray into the sport.

People rag on his career and opponent choices, but while he's never going to be a world champion he's also had a far more interesting career than most guys do in their first five or ten fights. I think he's been really good for the sport of boxing, not only because he brings in a new audience who might stick around and watch other matches, but also because he's proving that boxing can be a compelling and interesting sport to watch even when the boxers themselves aren't super skilled amateur legends who were groomed from childhood to win a title.

Eventually Jake's gonna lose and when it happens I'll be really interested to see if he sticks around or calls it a day. But at least so far I'm enjoying the run he's trying to put on.

Comment

Never heard of a red-light bed.

Wonder what Dawson is bringing to the table.

Comment

Wild to see the same Chad HBO was pushing as the next Floyd 15 years ago being Jake Paul's sparring partner
            As the world turns.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

Why do you hate that you’re rooting for him? Just curious
              ——-
              As a YouTuber, I just took him for granted. I like that he brings new fans to boxing but I just haven’t thought of him as a boxer which I recognize is unfair because he’s doing exactly what EVERY OTHER pro boxer has done at the beginning of their careers.
              If he beats Silva, which I hope he does then I gotta move on from my tainted views of him. Silva is a legit fighter and did beat Chavez Jr. Even though Chavez is a joke.

So I’m owning my biasness by rooting for Paul.
              Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

wtf . . .

Comment

So, sparring with Chad Dawson means Jake Paul can beat Anderson Silva? Got it.

Comment

Working...
                  X