Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA Issues Final Notice For Wood To Provide Medical Reports; Still On Hook For Santa Cruz Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBA Issues Final Notice For Wood To Provide Medical Reports; Still On Hook For Santa Cruz Clash

Leigh Wood still needs to convince the WBA that he is cleared for combat to retain his secondary title status. A reminder letter was sent to Nottingham's Wood seeking medical proof of a biceps injury that forced him out of a September 24 voluntary WBA 'World' (Regular) featherweight title defense against Mauricio 'Bronco' Lara. The WBA
    [Click Here To Read More]

Where is Leo Santa Cruz tardy note? It's only been four years since he left 126.

Comment

Just drop the belt and fight Warrington. That does good numbers in the UK. Could maybe even fill a smaller stadium like Elland Road or the City Ground.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Just drop the belt and fight Warrington. That does good numbers in the UK. Could maybe even fill a smaller stadium like Elland Road or the City Ground.
        Looks like he's about to be stripped anyway. Keep Lara acting and give him a whack at the winner of Wood-Warrington and I'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Looks like he's about to be stripped anyway. Keep Lara acting and give him a whack at the winner of Wood-Warrington and I'm good.
          I don’t think Warrington ever goes near Lara again tbh. Was gutted Wood vs Lara got cancelled was looking forward to that fight despite it needlessly clashing with Joyce-Parker.
          Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Leigh Wood is looking at the best option to cash out. He stated himself he only has 3-4 fights left before he retires and he knows he would've lost against Lara so he's deciding whether to cash out against Santa Cruz or Warrington. I think he loses to both, Santa Cruz by stoppage and Warrington by TD in Rd 5 due to multiple intentional headbutts.
            Alexis67 Alexis67 likes this.

Comment

It looked like these clowns, Santa Cruz and Wood ducked their interim fights,
              Rey Vargas and Mauricio Lara respectively.

This is what happens when you behave like divas then realize the alternative is worse.
              So now these two clowns are back getting serious, otherwise...

Comment

Wood needs to provide proof of the injury, simple as that!

Comment

What injury? His ass fell out. Simple as that. Nash out

Comment

I don't know, but it seems that late stopping power has some drawbacks. That's a long wait, in that situation.

Comment

Working...
                    X