Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Aponte Charged With Domestic Violence, Bail Set At $500,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angel Aponte Charged With Domestic Violence, Bail Set At $500,000

Angel Aponte will no longer appear atop a boxing show in association with the annual WBO convention. The 30-year-old junior lightweight from San Juan, Puerto Rico will instead appear before a judge, where he will have to answer to charges of domestic abuse.
    [Click Here To Read More]

big man!

Comment

Everybody loses especially the kid.

Comment

They say nobody beats their women worse than a Boricua. For example, just look at Felix "Pendejo" Verdejo. But many, many Boricua men are the same way. It's part of their culture. But most are never reported or caught.
        Last edited by archiemoore1; 10-21-2022, 07:33 PM.

Comment

And soon follows the civil suit

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
            They say nobody beats their women worse than a Boricua. For example, just look at Felix "Pendejo" Verdejo. But many, many Boricua men are the same way. It's part of their culture. But most are never reported or caught.
            What a racist thing to say, man. You can't paint a whole group of people with the same brush because 1, or a few are POS! We got to be better than that brother.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by armindo54 View Post

What a racist thing to say, man. You can't paint a whole group of people with the same brush because 1, or a few are POS! We got to be better than that brother.
              It could be viewed as racist. But growing up in east harlem, I know Boricuas like ur teeth knows ur tongue. Of course, not all Boricua men beat their women, but many do. That's been my observation. And that's NY ricans, who have a much milder temper. On the Island, the men are extremely jealous and much more violent, and yes violence is a part of the culture there in P.R. To prove my point, go to P.R., walk up to any random guy, and look him up and down, or better yet, just take a quick glance at his girl's ass when they walk by, and write back and let me know how that pans out. The problem is, u probably won't be writing back. And if they think their girls are looking at or talking to another dude, or if they wanna break up with their man, forget about it!
              Last edited by archiemoore1; 10-23-2022, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post

It could be viewed as racist. But growing up in east harlem, I know Boricuas like ur teeth knows ur tongue. Of course, not all Boricua men beat their women, but many do. That's been my observation. And that's NY ricans, who have a much milder temper. On the Island, the men are extremely jealous and much more violent, and yes violence is a part of the culture there in P.R. To prove my point, go to P.R., walk up to any random guy, and look him up and down, or better yet, just take a quick glance at his girl's ass when they walk by, and write back and let me know how that pans out. The problem is, u probably won't be writing back. And if they think their girls are looking at or talking to another dude, or if they wanna break up with their man, forget about it!
                In my humble opinion, it's wrong to generalize and paint a whole group of people with the same brush, brother. Domestic violence cannot be attributed or is prevalent solely to 1 group of people. It exists in all races and ethnicities. Alcoholism, drug abuse, and socio-economic conditions are major contributing factors. Statistics and percentages unequivocally prove that. The reason there's so much hate, animosity, and racism in this country is because of people's biases and preconceived notions towards others. African Americans in particular have been victimized by this for as long as the USA has been a country. As an example, take where whites and other non blacks would say not all blacks are violent and criminals but a lot of them are, just look at the jail population for proof. Those of us that know better, know there is unequal justice in this country which has been fed by years of racial prejudices and discrimination and that's the main reason for the disparity in jail populations. We need to lift each other up and not put each other down. We need to talk about the good in people, maybe it'll make our world a better place. Just my 2 cents, peace.

Comment

Originally posted by armindo54 View Post

In my humble opinion, it's wrong to generalize and paint a whole group of people with the same brush, brother. Domestic violence cannot be attributed or is prevalent solely to 1 group of people. It exists in all races and ethnicities. Alcoholism, drug abuse, and socio-economic conditions are major contributing factors. Statistics and percentages unequivocally prove that. The reason there's so much hate, animosity, and racism in this country is because of people's biases and preconceived notions towards others. African Americans in particular have been victimized by this for as long as the USA has been a country. As an example, take where whites and other non blacks would say not all blacks are violent and criminals but a lot of them are, just look at the jail population for proof. Those of us that know better, know there is unequal justice in this country which has been fed by years of racial prejudices and discrimination and that's the main reason for the disparity in jail populations. We need to lift each other up and not put each other down. We need to talk about the good in people, maybe it'll make our world a better place. Just my 2 cents, peace.
                  I respect ur view 110%, because i know where ur coming from, and ur right to a large extent. That's why I made sure to say not all Boricuas, but a lot. But some stereotypes are born of observation and have a lot of truth to them. For example, most asian and many white dudes have a little johnson. Not all, but many many many. Girls have told me so and if thats their lifetime of observation, who am I to argue with that?
                  Last edited by archiemoore1; 10-23-2022, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X