Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Jake Paul Grinds in Camp For Anderson Silva Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Jake Paul Grinds in Camp For Anderson Silva Showdown

Jake Paul Training Camp Photos Gallery - International superstar and serial risk-taker Jake "The Problem Child" Paul offered a glimpse into his mindset as he puts the finishing touches on training camp just eight days out from taking on the toughest test of his career in UFC legend and accomplished boxer Anderson "The Spider" Silva. The must-see eight-round main event bout takes place on Saturday, October 29 in a Most Valuable Promotions event live on SHOWTIME PPV (9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT) from Desert Diamond Arena, just outside of Phoenix, Ariz. (photos by Adi Muhtarevic)
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is a big step up for Jake Paul.

I know he gets a lot of hate in forums like this. But I just can't see a reason to fault him for climbing into the ring. Is he ever going to be a world champion? I seriously doubt it. But not everyone who laces up the gloves becomes a world champion. He's fighting for the same reasons anyone fights. He clearly loves the sport, and he wants to get paid. It just so happens that since he's been able to import a fan base from other endeavors, he's in a position to get paid a lot.

His fight with Silva coming up is probably biting off more than he can chew. Yes, Silva is "old." But the man has an incredible amount of fighting experience, including boxing and beating Chavez Jr (who though not anywhere close to what his father was, did manage to win a belt). Silva has skills. Boxing skills. And Jake is still a novice.

He deserves our respect as a fighter. Taking on Silva is a dangerous move. It's a calculated danger, of course, and I'm sure Jake and his team are planning on a victory. But he's only the slimmest of favorites at the bookmakers. And considering those odds likely reflect the betting of a lot of people not that familiar with the sport of boxing, I think it's safe to say that they're pretty skewed. Silva should surely be the favorite.

I don't know who's going to win, and I'm excited about the fight. What more could a fight fan ask for? Higher stakes between more talented fighters? Well, sure. We'd all rather see Crawford vs Spence and Fury vs Usyk. But those guys won't fight each other. At least Paul is challenging himself. And these days, that's more than a lot of so-called "real" fighters are doing.

I've been watching boxing for over 30 years. It's my favorite sport.
    Count me as a fan of Jake Paul.
    dannnnn dannnnn Fact Fact like this.

Comment

"... and serial risk-taker." hahahkhahahahahahaahah God you can't make this shiat up! What an era!

Comment

Jake hasn't really been in a position of taking constant punishment. He's absorbed a few shots, but nothing major. If Silva can stun him, back him into the ropes and really let his hands go, how will Jake handle it?

Forget boxing with him because then he risks the younger Jake having more energy in the final rounds and finishing strong. Let the Youtube star finish strong and you know the judges will swing it in his favor.

I wanna see Silva attack him mercilessly. You have the experience, the warrior mentality in your favor. Don't leave it to the judges. You wanna win, then you take him out early.​
        Boxingtrucker Casualfanboy likes this.

Comment

It's every day bro

Comment

What an embarrassment to the sport of boxing, this prime white privilege at its best! This guy has no talent whatsoever and has an All Access, can’t box and no person with 5 or so fights have had this. Then all this hype by fighting an old as hell MMA guy and calling it professional boxing, this is B.S.! Period
            Last edited by hitmanjosh; 10-21-2022, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Jake Paul will KO Silva and shock both the UFC fanboys and the pathetic, limp wristed racists at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fact View Post
                Jake Paul will KO Silva and shock both the UFC fanboys and the pathetic, limp wristed racists at the same time.
                Sound like a confederate flag owner speaking
                Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post

Sound like a confederate flag owner speaking
                  I am not an American, you lot are the ones with confederate flags, black supremacists flags etc.. Even in this thread you are the racist who showed himself, looks like Jake Paul knocking out black fighters back to back has made you feel some way, racists getting mad about their skinfolk getting knocked out in a fight is the funniest thing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
                    What an embarrassment to the sport of boxing, this prime white privilege at its best! This guy has no talent whatsoever and has an All Access, can’t box and no person with 5 or so fights have had this. Then all this hype by fighting an old as hell MMA guy and calling it professional boxing, this is B.S.! Period
                    I cant stand Jake but how is this white privilege? retired Floyd was doing this circus boxing nonsense before the Paul bros were, and KSI and the Paul bros started around the same time. Floyd is about to fight KSIs brother.

Originally posted by Fact View Post
                    UFC fanboy here, I assure you I wont be shocked if 25 year old Jake after like 5 years of exclusively training boxing might be able to win a boxing match vs a 47 year old MMA fighter who over the last 10 years is 2-7 in his own sport. ​

Comment

Working...
                    X