Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marshall on Shields: 'It Was a Tough Fight; I Thought the Right Woman Won'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marshall on Shields: 'It Was a Tough Fight; I Thought the Right Woman Won'

Claressa Shields turned in the kind of performance that not even her opponent can object to. The Flint, Michigan, native and two-time Olympic gold medalist became the undisputed champion of the middleweight division a second time last Saturday at the O2 in London, when she ousted longtime rival Savannah Shields via
    [Click Here To Read More]

Magnanimous stuff. Marshall acquitted herself well inside the ropes, anyway. Just Shields is on a different level to her and there's no shame in that.
    Ragga1 Ragga1 MANNY67 MANNY67 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
      Magnanimous stuff. Marshall acquitted herself well inside the ropes, anyway. Just Shields is on a different level to her and there's no shame in that.
      Agree with you it’s good on Marshall,
      P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

It is quiet in here. For all of the trash talking before nobody is willing to come back and say they were wrong and picked with their heart instead of skillet.

Comment

Originally posted by Axeman View Post
          It is quiet in here. For all of the trash talking before nobody is willing to come back and say they were wrong and picked with their heart instead of skillet.
          Well said mate well said. People were swearing that claressa was going to get beat, spewing all manner of bigoted filth about her and crickets crickets now

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
            She really didn't. She looked terrible. Terrible stance, squaring up all the time, pawing with a jab while squaring up and getting hit. Her trainers are total ****.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post

She really didn't. She looked terrible. Terrible stance, squaring up all the time, pawing with a jab while squaring up and getting hit. Her trainers are total ****.
              Meh. I thought she was decent on that watch, but perhaps I’m wrong, I don’t know.

Comment

Claressa just showed her skill and athleticism. She’s got many wrinkles to her game. Easily the best female fighter out there, likely of all time.

She fights really fluid and intuitively. She’s constantly backing fighters up even though she has little power. Just with angles, combinations, movement. She showed she has a good chin too, as limited as Marshall may be she does have intimidating power.

Comment

I thought Shields won comfortably and it’s good to see Marshall come out and admit that she lost, even if it hurts. She definitely put a shift in but Shields is just levels above, there’s no shame in that at all.

Comment

I never brought into hype people when people was saying Marshall was gonna knock sheilds out etc just because from watching both women fight it was obvious sheilds was a better fighter skill wise even tho I didn't like sheilds in terms of personality an I think alot of people especially in the UK felt the same an that's why they was saying she was gonna get knocked out without any logic behind that prediction it was more they was hoping it was gonna happen more than it was likely to happen because she was always alot quicker an sharper than marshall an had better movement then Marshall who's very methodical an one paced an she coudnt adapt in there when sheilds was just winning majority of the exchanges an also everytime claressa threw an landed she'd move her body in some way afterwards just so Marshall found it harder to land her own punches. I scored it 8-2 maybe 7-3 if you're being generous but for the first 4-5 rounds it was a shutout pretty much
                    Last edited by Boxing2695; 10-21-2022, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X