Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney-Kambosos Rematch Watched By An Average Of 935,000 Viewers On ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haney-Kambosos Rematch Watched By An Average Of 935,000 Viewers On ESPN

The one-sided nature of their first fight and direct competition from a boxing pay-per-view show apparently impacted viewership of the Devin Haney-George Kambosos Jr. rematch Saturday night on ESPN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boxing is too fake now, in more ways than one. They made the mistake that thinking because Jake Paul did PPV numbers, that the whole sport should be turned into millennial youtubers making weird comments to each other on twitter. People want celebrities, including athletes, who are good role models, not these weirdos like Ryan Garcia, Devin Haney, and Shakur Stevenson. No wonder ratings are going down. I'm embarrassed to have boxing showing on the TVs in my bar when these guys come on, and it seems like they are on in every single boxing telecast lately. So now I just keep on other channels. Someone has to request the boxing specifically.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 10-19-2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      Boxing is too fake now, in more ways than one. They made the mistake that thinking because Jake Paul did PPV numbers, that the whole sport should be turned into millennial youtubers making weird comments to each other on twitter. People want celebrities, including athletes, who are good role models, not these weirdos like Ryan Garcia, Devin Haney, and Shakur Stevenson. No wonder ratings are going down. I'm embarrassed to have boxing showing on the TVs in my bar when these guys come on, and it seems like they are on in every single boxing telecast lately. So now I just keep on other channels. Someone has to request the boxing specifically.
      Not to mention a half decent matchup at the top of the sport is as rare as my arse. The last wilder fight would have been an opener on boxing after dark back in the day.

They all squawk about fighting each other on social media when it's convenient and then clam up and end "taking the best fight available"

I'm not the most knowledgeable boxing fan but I am definitely pretty dedicated as I've watched religiously since 99. I find it hard to justify not doing other things to stay home and watch now as the cards are mostly putrid. I have to think others are getting as jaded as I. Hell I was home Saturday night and didnt watch any fights...first time that's ever happened.

Like you said its effing goofy now. Love me the throwback guys like Loma and Usyk...if it wasn't for them and a few more I could see myself ditching this dumpster fire.
      Boxing Logic Boxing Logic likes this.

Comment

Feel sorry for those 935,000​viewers, lol. I expected a repeat and it was exactly that. Not even a KO this time around.

If anything, it should highlight more how Teofimo was not himself against GKJ. I feel like a rematch, Teo can get the KO victory with his mind right and I don't even like the guy much. GKJ is really nothing special. Mediocre/average/lacking in power. Okay speed, okay punch volume but nothing crazy and his defense mostly sucks. He truly banked on a lucky performance vs Teo and his time is more than likely up.

Comment

This was a big fight weekend. There's no surprise that the viewing audience was split. I watched the women's card on ESPN+ and then Haney VS Kambosos on ESPN. It was impossible for me to run down to my local sports bar to watch the Wilder card. I expected Wilder to dispose of Helenius very quickly. The only fight on that card that I was interested in watching anyways was Dirrell VS Plant.......And I was certain that this fight would air during the ESPN main event - which it did. MLB Playoffs were on too. Someone had to lose out that night. Why are promotors cocky enough to schedule their boxing event on the same night as another? There's not enough money or time to be spent by the average boxing fan.
          Last edited by Lefty0616; 10-19-2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Probably just need to show heavyweights on network television these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
              This was a big fight weekend. There's no surprise that the viewing audience was split. I watched the women's card on ESPN+ and then Haney VS Kambosos on ESPN. It was impossible for me to run down to my local sports bar to watch the Wilder card. I expected Wilder to dispose of Helenius very quickly. The only fight on that card that I was interested in watching anyways was Dirrell VS Plant.......And I was certain that this fight would air during the ESPN main event - which it did. MLB Playoffs were on too. Someone had to lose out that night. Why are promotors cocky enough to schedule their boxing event on the same night as another? There's not enough money or time to be spent by the average boxing fan.
              The other card was on PPV so probably barely anyone watched it. It was a mismatch and it was PPV. I think Haney and Kambosos just aren't known in the US. Haney has mostly been on a little app, with a UK promoter, and Kambosos is only known in Australia. The only known guys in the division are Loma and Tank, Loma because he built up a big fanbase, and Tank because of Floyd Mayweather and TMZ. Ryan Garcia also has a TMZ social media type following but even less boxing focused than Tank so they just follow his instagram but they dont watch his fights and definitely not PPV. Shakur and Haney maybe will eventually reach that sort of Charlo level of following just because they promoted so much by the racebaiting social media channels, but they dont seem to have much organic following either, and the Charlos have more star presence, are more entertaining, punch harder, and are closer to welterweight/middleweight size that seems to be more popular with fans.

Dont get me wrong I think lightweight is a great division but people like Garcia, Tank, Shakur, and Devin are not my cup of tea. I dont vibe with their act, it all feels phony to me, and if it were real, I wouldn't vibe with it then either. They all just seem like e-boys to me. A mix of e-boys and violent degenerate trash talk. What a weird mix. No thanks. I dont need that energy around me. That's an immediate "change the channel" every time for me.
              Last edited by Boxing Logic; 10-19-2022, 01:52 PM.
              El_Feroz99 El_Feroz99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post

The other card was on PPV so probably barely anyone watched it. It was a mismatch and it was PPV. I think Haney and Kambosos just aren't known in the US. Haney has mostly been on a little app, with a UK promoter, and Kambosos is only known in Australia. The only known guys in the division are Loma and Tank, Loma because he built up a big fanbase, and Tank because of Floyd Mayweather and TMZ. Ryan Garcia also has a TMZ social media type following but even less boxing focused than Tank so they just follow his instagram but they dont watch his fights and definitely not PPV. Shakur and Haney maybe will eventually reach that sort of Charlo level of following just because they promoted so much by the racebaiting social media channels, but they dont seem to have much organic following either, and the Charlos have more star presence, are more entertaining, punch harder, and are closer to welterweight/middleweight size that seems to be more popular with fans.

Dont get me wrong I think lightweight is a great division but people like Garcia, Tank, Shakur, and Devin are not my cup of tea. I dont vibe with their act, it all feels phony to me, and if it were real, I wouldn't vibe with it then either. They all just seem like e-boys to me. A mix of e-boys and violent degenerate trash talk. What a weird mix. No thanks. I dont need that energy around me. That's an immediate "change the channel" every time for me.
                “Race-baiting social media channels’? Not sure what you mean by that. You could say the same for all of the race-baiting UK tabloids that write fawning, worshipful pieces about Tyson Fury and his family while ignoring and downplaying the cloud of controversial stench that hangs over his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post

“Race-baiting social media channels’? Not sure what you mean by that. You could say the same for all of the race-baiting UK tabloids that write fawning, worshipful pieces about Tyson Fury and his family while ignoring and downplaying the cloud of controversial stench that hangs over his career.
                  Don’t try and make sense of the trump cult bro, there is no making sense of people who look to bring race into everything and obsess with black Americans

Comment

Working...
                  X