Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shields: If They're Not Paying Me & Franchon Crews Whole Bunch Of Money, Won't Do It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shields: If They're Not Paying Me & Franchon Crews Whole Bunch Of Money, Won't Do It

A second fight with Savannah Marshall wasn't the only rematch mentioned for Claressa Shields after she defeated Marshall on Saturday night in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You've got 13 wins, you'll take what they give you.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post
      You've got 13 wins, you'll take what they give you.
      She's already a millionaire, and she would be very small for 175. She doesn't need the fight.

Comment

This is the same person they just had on an ESPN feature implying that women always fight the best and men should take a page from their book?

Talking about fighting a "champion" who is 8-1 after 6 years in the sport? Not wanting to fight her unless they are gonna pay her a "whole bunch of money" to fight somebody that nobody's ever heard of.

Not fitting the narrative.

Comment

I think they can give these female boxers ten three minute rounds for world title fights, or any big fight.

Shields vs Marshall was very good to watch, some would argue better than the Taylor-Serrano fight. Both did women's boxing and boxing in general a lot of good.

The only thing is that in women's boxing the depth is not extensive, but once in a long while there is a good fight that can be made.
          wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

It’s funny watching the same folks who talk about so and so is the a side, or so and so should be paid so much, complaining she wants to get paid too. She should get what she thinks she’s worth and can negotiate. /End

Comment

Battle of the Beauties!

Comment

Good luck in finding a platform who will pay this money. They're not interested.

Comment

The Crews-Dezurn fight doesn't move the needle for me. Shield already beat her in her pro debut, Franchon has improved since that point but I don't see any result other than a clear UD for Claressa.

Then again, there are all that many options out there for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                    I think they can give these female boxers ten three minute rounds for world title fights, or any big fight.

Shields vs Marshall was very good to watch, some would argue better than the Taylor-Serrano fight. Both did women's boxing and boxing in general a lot of good.

The only thing is that in women's boxing the depth is not extensive, but once in a long while there is a good fight that can be made.
                    Well said. The UFC did it early on. TUF and other marketing took em over the top. Unlike say the WNBA, it's a boxing card & doesn't have to be all women etc. Keep up this momentum long enough for 2 summer olympics to go by and you could have a something interesting.
                    Last edited by Deleted; 10-19-2022, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X