No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Raises Her Game To a New Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Raises Her Game To a New Level

By Thomas Gerbasi - Claressa Shields was right all along. For years, she told us that she was the "Greatest Woman Of All Time" (GWOAT) when it came to the sweeter science, and while there were many believers in that statement, there were just as many, if not more, skeptics.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'll be honest, not a fan of femail boxing, most don't have the phisical attributes needed to box.
    Claressa though is a brilliant boxer & i hope she get's her just rewards. A true diamond in the rough.

Comment

She has earned the right to be brash and loud, when you as good as she is, exposed Marshall to be a b class fighter
      champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Watching the fight saturday best fight I've seen so far even amongst the mens(note Ive only been passionate about boxing in the last 2 years hence a relative newbie to the fight game).Ive a feeling some of the Arturo Gatti fights would of been up there as well . Claressa Shields was impressive.
        Last edited by Richard; 10-19-2022, 05:30 AM.
        champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
          Watching the fight saturday best fight I've seen so far even amongst the mens(note Ive only been passionate about boxing in the last 2 years hence a relative newbie to the fight game).Ive a feeling some of the Arturo Gatti fights would of been up there as well . Claressa Shields Shields was impressive.
          You guys are crazy the fight sucked ass it was the 2nd female fight i have attempted to watch and i turned it off around round 5 it was boring/amateurish and just awful. Not sure how anybody can be a fan of female boxing personally it's the equivalent of watching amateur boxing to me, no proper danger of knock outs at any second, no faces being busted up, low round time/less rounds it just sucks man. Each to their own but people claiming "its as good as male boxing" "it will be as big as male boxing" are just idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Kzbox View Post

You guys are crazy the fight sucked ass it was the 2nd female fight i have attempted to watch and i turned it off around round 5 it was boring/amateurish and just awful. Not sure how anybody can be a fan of female boxing personally it's the equivalent of watching amateur boxing to me, no proper danger of knock outs at any second, no faces being busted up, low round time/less rounds it just sucks man. Each to their own but people claiming "its as good as male boxing" "it will be as big as male boxing" are just idiots.
            I liked the effort though my friend. Both fighters went in there and gave there all.

As for womens boxing I like it though to be fair to you I dont think will ever be as big as male boxing due to the genetic physical differences between the genders. Likewise the fight game reflects something that is seen in nature eg survival of the fittest. You see it in both female and male though tends to be more male doing the fighting.

Kzbox Kzbox likes this.

Comment

Whatever hype this writer or others want to create, fact is its just that, hype. Katie Taylor is without doubt a level above her. Taylors fight with Serrano, for skill, technique, heart etc etc was a few levels above anything Shields has produced. If thats down to lack of opposition then so be it, but its still a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolfool View Post
                Whatever hype this writer or others want to create, fact is its just that, hype. Katie Taylor is without doubt a level above her. Taylors fight with Serrano, for skill, technique, heart etc etc was a few levels above anything Shields has produced. If thats down to lack of opposition then so be it, but its still a fact.

Iam not so sure.Each to their own but as much as I admire Katie Taylor I was more impressed with Claressa Shields. I saw the Katie Taylor v Amanda Serrano fight and as much as I liked it I preferred the Savannah Marshall v Claressa Shields fight.

Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Its not each to their own. They dont judge the p4p on which style of fighter or fight they prefer but objective analysis. Serrano Taylor took womens boxing to a new level. Shields Marshall did not. Its night and day difference. Serrano Taylor both have superior footwork, speed, skill, technique, ring iq and defence. They are the benchmark in womens boxing. Their boxing is equivalent to top level mens fights. Shields Marshall was a great slugfest, but neither showed the skill or iq of Taylor Serrano. Taylor Serrano was a barnburner, it brought the house down. Shields Marshall did not. The first round of Shields Marshall looked like an amatuer slugfest.

Comment

I'm gonna hold my hands up high right now. I was a Shields hater. I thought her mouth was off and she had chips on her shoulder.

When those back-up dancers strutted out and shields started f-kin dancin' I said to my friend "ok I hope she wins now" the f-kin gumption of it!!! and then to back it up by absolutely whooping Marshall? Fuggeddaboudit

she's got my attention and respect now.

Comment

Working...
                    X