Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shields-Marshall Card Draws Record Rating on Sky Sports For Women's Boxing Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shields-Marshall Card Draws Record Rating on Sky Sports For Women's Boxing Event

According to an official statement from BOXXER and Sky Sports, over two million viewers tuned in on Sky Sports to watch last Saturday's card at the sold-out 02 Arena in London, making it the most-watched women's professional boxing show in UK history and setting a new audience record for a live women's sport event on Sky.
    [Click Here To Read More]

And boxing is dead right? This is why I laugh when people here in the states say a fight is a failure because it didn't sell 1 million PPV or 500k, 300k whatever, or certain ratings on TV. People don't understand that hundreds of TV networks around the world pay a fee for rights to show the fights in their country. That's were the real money is at, you think these promoters are in it to lose money? If there was no money to be made in boxing it would of been gone long, long time ago. There's a reason top boxers are some of the highest paid athletes in the world.

Comment

nOboDy cArEs aBoUT WoMens bOXing!!!
      1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
        And boxing is dead right? This is why I laugh when people here in the states say a fight is a failure because it didn't sell 1 million PPV or 500k, 300k whatever, or certain ratings on TV. People don't understand that hundreds of TV networks around the world pay a fee for rights to show the fights in their country. That's were the real money is at, you think these promoters are in it to lose money? If there was no money to be made in boxing it would of been gone long, long time ago. There's a reason top boxers are some of the highest paid athletes in the world.
        Boxing's not dead and it will never be dead, but it's nowhere near as popular as it was or where it should be.

Comment

Congratulations to Baumgardner and Shields. They did their country proud
          P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

Boxing's not dead and it will never be dead, but it's nowhere near as popular as it was or where it should be.
            This is the whole show, and also links with your previous comment re: women’s boxing, as it’s the reason corporations have stumbled across marketing their wares to previously untapped demographics in a whole range of industries: in short, because they’ve saturated traditional marketplaces, and specifically in boxing, the next generation of girls might replace declining mainstream male Interest.

Not because they’re suddenly really socially conscious, “woke”, communist (lol) or some other ****e some tinfoil twats come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Congratulations to Baumgardner and Shields. They did their country proud
              Overall, they were awesome: particularly Shields, who shoved the words of the uppity regulators right back down their throats

Comment

This felt like a big event. Everyone I knew was talking about it. Even my dad wanted to watch and I don’t think he’s watched a full fight since mayweather vs pac so I’m not surprised by the ratings.

Comment

Most watched women's boxing event...?

I'm glad for them btw, I enjoyed the card (the two main event fights at least)... But a bit of a loaded statement.

No other big promoter has done a women's event, so really only comparing to small hall cards.

But 2m is still a great number

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post

No other big promoter has done a women's event, so really only comparing to small hall cards.

Matchroom has...albeit not all women.

Comment

Working...
                    X