Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant On Drilling Dirrell: I'd Say It'd Be Best Knockout Of My Career, Knockout Of The Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant On Drilling Dirrell: I'd Say It'd Be Best Knockout Of My Career, Knockout Of The Year

NEW YORK - Caleb Plant smirked when he jokingly downplayed how good it felt to knock Anthony Dirrell unconscious Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It’s always those punches folks don’t see coming and the double left hook is always a nasty combo going back to the Roy jones days

Comment

Why not Caleb vs Benavidez? Could be interesting.
      Robi13 Robi13 likes this.

Comment

That KO cost me a lot of $$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          That KO cost me a lot of $$$$$
          I can see why, pillow fist plant won’t ko anyone who isn’t a shot has been… let me see his ass ko someone ranked top 10 in their prime… won’t happen
          Last edited by Robi13; 10-17-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I'm not a big plant fan, but that is a ko reel sequence, thing of beauty, well done.
            ​​​​​

Comment

The toughest thing about the outcome is that Anthony Dirrell has to live with that, being ko'd with one punch, after all that talk.
              LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Whatever. Fight Benavidez.

Comment

Haters gonna hate. Not even a KO of the year contender is gonna stop that. Plant is a gifted boxer and has enough power to be dangerous and keep his opponents honest. I'd say he probably hits - for his weight class - harder than Floyd did at 147/154 or Haney, but at near the same level of boxing prowess. And Floyd and Haney hit hard enough to stop their opponents from walking right in. That said, I like this more aggressive Plant (any boxer, really - including Haney's last performance). Hopefully, Breadman continues to make him see there's more "food on the table" when he fights. At the highest levels of competition you're going to get less knockouts, so this "let me see his ass ko someone ranked top 10 in their prime… won’t happen" commentary is nonsense.

As for fights against Benavidez and Charlo, those are real fights. Both those guys box well - if not as well as Plant - and have more power. I'd favor either of them over Plant right now, but they should be really good fights.
                  Boxingfanatic75 Boxingfanatic75 likes this.

Comment

I wonder if he will keep sitting on his punches or not in the future fights. Best fighters are who can box and punch at the same time.
                    byfbnz byfbnz likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X