Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Deontay Wilder Crushes Robert Helenius With One-Punch in One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Deontay Wilder Crushes Robert Helenius With One-Punch in One

Wilder, Helenius Fight Photos Gallery - Barclays Center, Brooklyn - In a heavyweight clash, former WBC world champion Deontay Wilder (43-2-1, 42 KOs) destroyed Robert Helenius (31-4, 20 KOs) with a first round knockout. (photos by Stephanie Trapp)
    [Click Here To Read More]

The knockout was legit but the fight wasn’t ,still answers no questions where Wilder actually stands with real top 10 guys ,anyone who predicted he wins in 1 to 3 rounds showed the odds of any Helenius win and there were many of them including mine . Helenius was never going to fare well against a tall power puncher .

Give me the guy who fought Usyk for 24 rounds ,I still don’t see Wilder beating Joshua ,he’ll have certain advantages over Ruiz which will tells us how good Wilder actually is .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-16-2022, 07:34 AM.

Comment

In all fairness, hellenius lasted longer than I expected him to
      BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Looked like a finger tap to me. Wilder was as much surprised.
        Last edited by Pyvo; 10-16-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Wilder has the ability to beat anyone at any given time.

Comment

Very credible opponent for a comeback fight, and he did what he did.

Comment

Not sure why some are throwing dive card. Helenius didt stand a chance he aint world class, you need to be a true elite hw to have a shot defeating wilder,after all it was a comeback fight, helenius was supposed to be put to sleep. Sht was no dive.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyDeebo! View Post
                Not sure why some are throwing dive card. Helenius didt stand a chance he aint world class, you need to be a true elite hw to have a shot defeating wilder,after all it was a comeback fight, helenius was supposed to be put to sleep. Sht was no dive.
                You make a good case for a dive. Same as Malik Scott, he was a long time sparring partner that knew he had no chance and took the easy way out instead of receiving a real Wilder punch. I’ve watched it from every angle available. Wilders stance was narrow, feet weren’t set, bouncing off the ropes,slapping punch landed on the cheek bone and nose not jaw or temple. The announcer was right to liken it to Ali’s “phantom punch” on Liston. I don’t buy that either.
                I’m generally no conspiracy theorist. We can’t know for certain, but my intuition is he was overmatched and took an easy out first punch that landed.
                lopetego lopetego likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ropeydope View Post

You make a good case for a dive. Same as Malik Scott, he was a long time sparring partner that knew he had no chance and took the easy way out instead of receiving a real Wilder punch. I’ve watched it from every angle available. Wilders stance was narrow, feet weren’t set, bouncing off the ropes,slapping punch landed on the cheek bone and nose not jaw or temple. The announcer was right to liken it to Ali’s “phantom punch” on Liston. I don’t buy that either.
                  I’m generally no conspiracy theorist. We can’t know for certain, but my intuition is he was overmatched and took an easy out first punch that landed.
                  My thoughts exactly

This was Malik Scott all over again

DIVE.

Just not as blatant as the one Malik took, where the clown got ¨KOd¨ by a set-up slap and a blocked right hand

We already know Wilder doesn't punch THAT hard, not to the point of icing people with a half assed punches

Fury took full torque windmills from Wilder and survived, and before somebody claims that Fury is the second coming of George Chuvalo and impossible to KO, this is the same guy that got floored by cruiserweight Cunningham
                  Ropeydope Ropeydope likes this.

Comment

This was Wilder’s second best if not the best win. Ortiz has Jennings and Martin. Helenius has Peter, Liachovic, Brewster and Kownacki. Ortiz and Helenius both have glass for a jaw and thus fell from the 1st landed punch. Perfect picks for a Wilder opponent.

Kudos to Wilder though for his conduct after and around this fight. This is the way a champ should act.

Next hopefully we see him against a true top name. Ruiz or Joyce would be perfect. After that Usyk and Joshua so we see who might have won the gigafight in 2018.

Comment

Working...
                    X