Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Alycia Baumgardner Edges Mikaela Mayer, One Away From Undisputed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Alycia Baumgardner Edges Mikaela Mayer, One Away From Undisputed

Baumgardner, Mayer Fight Photos Gallery - O2 Arena, London - In a super featherweight unification for the IBF, WBC, IBO, WBO titles, Alycia Baumgardner (13-1, 7 KOs) edged out a ten round split decision over previously undefeated Mikaela Mayer (17-1, 5 KOs). (photos by Lawrence Lustig)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Baumgardner is a good fighter, but she’s neither interesting enough outside of the ring nor exciting enough in the ring to come off as obnoxious and arrogant as she does. Nobody cares if she fights Choi for the undisputed title. She barely beat Mayer - who I don’t particularly like - and should give her a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post
      Baumgardner is a good fighter, but she’s neither interesting enough outside of the ring nor exciting enough in the ring to come off as obnoxious and arrogant as she does. Nobody cares if she fights Choi for the undisputed title. She barely beat Mayer - who I don’t particularly like - and should give her a rematch.
      She's one of the sexist women in boxing and definitely to much woman for you little boy

MANNY67 MANNY67 eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

...yeah, Alycia knew what she was doing when she chose those 'trunks'.

baumgardner-mayer-fight (18).jpg
        ​​​​​

Comment

Sincerely, Mayer

Comment

I guess if you put a gun to my head, I would say Mayer won, that said to me I think a draw is more accurate here. No one really dominated the other, I can't stand a fighter who comes forward but doesn't let their hands go as Alycia did. I can't stand when a fighter just stays away, Jabs, pit and pats their way to try to win a decision like Mayer did. A rematch is warranted but both need to change their game plan in order to win clearly.

Comment

Too bad both the bigmouths got the decision--they are too hateful to represent women's boxing. It started with Ali who proclaimed himself "The Greatest" and that spawned many arrogant fighters. I like to remember Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Pacquiao and others who did their fighting in the ring but did not mouth off like this ilk. Claressa & Baumgardner are the new era of insufferable loudmouths.
              MANNY67 MANNY67 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

​​​
                So did Mayer. Look how her short trunks ride up.

baumgardner-mayer-fight%20(14).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Sincerely, Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

baumgardner-mayer-fight (18).jpg
                    ​​​​​
                    I don't see anything out of place. The color wasn't loud and no glitter or fringe. Perfect choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X