Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kambosos To Haney: This Is A Two-Part Fight; You Got Me The First Time, Now I'll See You Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kambosos To Haney: This Is A Two-Part Fight; You Got Me The First Time, Now I'll See You Again

George Kambosos Jr. doesn't pretend that it's as simple as returning to basics to resume his winning ways. Recapturing that level of hunger, however, figures to provide a spark in his rematch with Devin Haney that he felt was missing from his arsenal in their undisputed lightweight championship earlier this year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"Now i'll see you again" just has me thinking of that song with Paul Walker in it, Wiz Khalifa was it.

And that's how I feel your careers going son, end of the road no pun intended

Comment

This dude is levels below Haney.

Comment

I like both of these guys, think both of them have been underrated,and have received unwarranted hate, yet they both annoy me a little bit too, lol. All I know is that if Linares can have Haney hanging on for dear life, then Kambosos should be able to find a way to get on the inside and at least make Haney uncomfortable, land a few good shots, and maybe hurt him which could change the fight. And if not, I sure hope Haney doesn't play it safe and actually goes for the kill. I always rooted against SRL, but I'll give the man credit - he was never satisfied, he always went to get his guy out of there, except for maybe Hagler, but he wasn't going anywhere regardless so it wouldn't make sense.

Comment

Snoozefest part 2.
          Elotero Elotero likes this.

Comment

Started to watch the first fight over again. I couldn’t get passed the 3rd round.

it’s like watching one of Wlad’s jab and grabs without even the possibility of the big hook or big right hand mercifully bringing down the curtain. It’s life without parole.
            Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by shakedaddy View Post
              I like both of these guys, think both of them have been underrated,and have received unwarranted hate, yet they both annoy me a little bit too, lol. All I know is that if Linares can have Haney hanging on for dear life, then Kambosos should be able to find a way to get on the inside and at least make Haney uncomfortable, land a few good shots, and maybe hurt him which could change the fight. And if not, I sure hope Haney doesn't play it safe and actually goes for the kill. I always rooted against SRL, but I'll give the man credit - he was never satisfied, he always went to get his guy out of there, except for maybe Hagler, but he wasn't going anywhere regardless so it wouldn't make sense.
              Kambosos is levels below Linares.

Comment

Kambosos seems like a nice guy to sit down and talk to and have a glass of beer with. But he doesn't seem to understand that he got his ass whipped. He ate jabs like they were jelly beans. His face was tattooed. He's lucky Haney punches on the move and doesn't commit. Otherwise, Kambosos would have taken a nap
                Last edited by archiemoore1; 10-15-2022, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                  Kambosos seems like a nice guy to sit down and talk to and have a glass of beer with. But he doesn't seem to understand that he got his ass whipped. He ate jabs like they were jelly beans. His face was tattooed. He's lucky Haney punches on the move and doesn't commit. Otherwise, Kambosos would have taken a nap
                  Haney fights that way because he doesn't trust his own chin. If he sits down and tries to KO GK, then its not only a fight worth watching, its a fight he could well lose. Haney will attempt to jab and grab the entire fight again. Hopefully GK will do something different to counter it, and hopefully the ref will aggressively disrupt the grabbing. Like most fans, I like a ref who is invisible, but in a Haney fight, the ref needs to be actively engaged forcing these guys to fight. Haney is the worst fighter to watch in the game right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Haney fights that way because he doesn't trust his own chin. If he sits down and tries to KO GK, then its not only a fight worth watching, its a fight he could well lose. Haney will attempt to jab and grab the entire fight again. Hopefully GK will do something different to counter it, and hopefully the ref will aggressively disrupt the grabbing. Like most fans, I like a ref who is invisible, but in a Haney fight, the ref needs to be actively engaged forcing these guys to fight. Haney is the worst fighter to watch in the game right now.
                    I think Haney knows his strengths. He's a hard worker and a very fit guy. He can box and move all night and not take any punishment, so why not? I think most guys who stand and trade, fight that way because they aren't fit enough, or have fast enough feet to move and use the entire ring. Nor do they have the mentality to wanna avoid punishment. They consider themselves as tough guys, so they fight with that mentality. They also may not have the defensive ability and be elusive enough to fight any differently, so they fight to their strength, which is toughness or punching power. Of course most fans prefer that brawling style, but boxing is the name of the game

Comment

Working...
                    X