No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields-Savannah Marshall: Stats & Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields-Savannah Marshall: Stats & Stakes

By Cliff Rold - If you build it, they will come. In the context of women's boxing, it's not a reference to ghosts playing out their yesterday's in an Iowa cornfield. The wide appeal of the women's game has been inconsistent over the years. There have been individuals who gained acclaim and some pockets of popularity in various parts of the world but the feeling of genuine major fights hasn't always been there.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Volume, volume, volume, and more volume. If Marshall is doing all that waxing and posing to get off punches, Shields is going to jump in between movements, let off quick combos and Marshall will have to hold the short compact quicker fighter in her chest. Reset and repeat. Losing me with the great Marshall power. She is no Thomas Hearns. It's more accumulation and I haven't seen one fight where someone can have an accumulation of power punches on Shields. Volume or give Shields the belt now.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
      Volume, volume, volume, and more volume. If Marshall is doing all that waxing and posing to get off punches, Shields is going to jump in between movements, let off quick combos and Marshall will have to hold the short compact quicker fighter in her chest. Reset and repeat. Losing me with the great Marshall power. She is no Thomas Hearns. It's more accumulation and I haven't seen one fight where someone can have an accumulation of power punches on Shields. Volume or give Shields the belt now.
      Maybe not one punch ko power but damn, she sure can change the course of a fight with 3-4 punches.
      I do see Shields doing a Haney as she needs to get inside where its less dangerous and she can score more points. On the outside, Marshall has a great punchers chance and could score a KD or two - I'm pretty sure Marshall hits harder than Gabriel.

Comment

Look at both opponents last 5 fights. Their opponents win/loss totals should tell you the story. Shields will beat up/outclass an overrated Marshall.
        UniqueBoxing UniqueBoxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
          Look at both opponents last 5 fights. Their opponents win/loss totals should tell you the story. Shields will beat up/outclass an overrated Marshall.
          How naïve you are thinking looking at women's opponents means anything, the entire division has about 20 people in it, it's about as deep as a puddle.

The top 5 at MW - 12-0, 12-0, 9-8-3, 15-5, 3-2-1 the truth is women's boxing is a farce as Peter Fury said these are the only two semi-decent women in and around this weight.
          jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

How naïve you are thinking looking at women's opponents means anything, the entire division has about 20 people in it, it's about as deep as a puddle.

The top 5 at MW - 12-0, 12-0, 9-8-3, 15-5, 3-2-1 the truth is women's boxing is a farce as Peter Fury said these are the only two semi-decent women in and around this weight.
            Will see how naive my analysis is after this fight is over.

You've actually just helped my argument. If you compile the win/loss totals of the top 5 records that you have listed at MW, you will arrive at a way better record of a combined w/l percentage total of Marshall's last 5 opponents.

And btw, Peter Fury's opinion is just an opinion, like yours and mine.....
            Last edited by Lefty0616; 10-15-2022, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I’d like to see Marshall win this but can’t see past Shields outboxing her. Shields has the skills to pay the bills.

Comment

Sav outboxed her in the amateurs clearly. I have a hard time seeing shields win this.

Comment

women arent headliners, when will they learn this

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                    women arent headliners, when will they learn this
                    Make a poll which fight most find more intriguing and better value the Wilder fight for 75 dollars or the shields fight on ESPN . Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X