Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Claressa Shields, Savannah Marshall - Set For Undisputed Grudge Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Claressa Shields, Savannah Marshall - Set For Undisputed Grudge Fight

Shields, Marshall Weights Photos Gallery - Seven world titles will be on the line in an all-female card this Saturday, October 15 (2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT) streaming live and exclusively on ESPN+ from the O2 Arena in London. Originally scheduled for September 10, this historic card was postponed by the British Boxing Board of Control due to the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. (photos by Lawrence Lustig)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looks like a couple dudes

Comment

The self professed GWOAT. There has been nobody that has called her the greatest woman fighter of all time, but her. You have to fight other greats for others to consider you that. Her problem is that she is so gigantic that there is no one worth a damn in those high weight classes to challenge her. They all suck! Amanda Serrano knocks her out. Katie Taylor outboxes her. Would love to see her lose!

Comment

They both look in the best shape I've ever seen them in. Claressa took this fight very seriously as did Sav.

Comment

Originally posted by Brittney1229 View Post
          The self professed GWOAT. There has been nobody that has called her the greatest woman fighter of all time, but her. You have to fight other greats for others to consider you that. Her problem is that she is so gigantic that there is no one worth a damn in those high weight classes to challenge her. They all suck! Amanda Serrano knocks her out. Katie Taylor outboxes her. Would love to see her lose!
          in the same weight class, she beats Taylor with those repetitive Khan-like combos. Now, a 154 version of Serrano might be interesting. Much more volume than Marshall and clean combinations with adequate power. She could put hard shots together between Shield's combos, enough power i think where she might start to walk Shields down. Good fantasy matchup
          Last edited by hhh1200; 10-14-2022, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brittney1229 View Post
            you think a jr lw and lw that get hit a lot would beat a mw? Neither taylor or Serrano are beating Shields or Marshall. Cut it out.
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post

you think a jr lw and lw that get hit a lot would beat a mw? Neither taylor or Serrano are beating Shields or Marshall. Cut it out.
              Exactly, I don't know if they've watched Shields work. She didn't just happen, by chance, to win two gold medals. She can really box, and rarely takes much damage. She moves her feet well, controls the distance, figures out her opponents, and puts the best combinations together to combat their strengths.

Comment

Too much hype for 30 minutes of entertainment, or probably less if it doesn't reach the distance. It's not even 12 rounds in a 2 min per round fight.

Comment

I love what ladies boxing does to misogynists.
                  Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

in the same weight class, she beats Taylor with those repetitive Khan-like combos. Now, a 154 version of Serrano might be interesting. Much more volume than Marshall and clean combinations with adequate power. She could put hard shots together between Shield's combos, enough power i think where she might start to walk Shields down. Good fantasy matchup
                    Lmfao Katie’s style is as pure of boxing as I’ve seen from a woman. shields is sloppy as hell flailing all over the place. Katie is easily above shields on the atg list. shields won’t even be in the top 20 after Savannah flatlines her.

Comment

Working...
                    X