Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Returns To Favorite Venue, But In Unfamiliar Territory After Crushing KO Loss To Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder Returns To Favorite Venue, But In Unfamiliar Territory After Crushing KO Loss To Fury

By Keith Idec - NEW YORK - Deontay Wilder will return to his favorite venue Saturday night for his first fight in over a year. The former WBC champion became the heavyweight division's most prolific knockout artist of the 21st century in large part due to the numerous memorable moments he produced at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. "The Bronze Bomber" dismantled Dominic Breazeale in less than one round the last time he fought at the home arena of the NBA's Nets in May 2019.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wilder knows he came so close to beating the best in the division and should they fight again he would not be written off . Bob can hit and its heavyweight boxing but this is going to be the Wilder show and when he connects it's back to the future!
    gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Helenius has had a nice resurgence in his late 30s but it is hard to forget his KO losses to Duhaupus & Washington. Nothing is a sure thing in HW boxing but I expect Wilder to Breazeale Helenius if he is lighter than he was for the 2nd & 3rd Fury fights. If he is still in the high 230s he better get him out of there early because we all saw him sucking wind by the 5th round against Fury. On that note Helenius is not an elusive fighter like Fury & he is susceptible to those big rights… Wilder by early KO!
      gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

I don’t understand the people that are saying he is going to be gun shy or going to have some big psychological change. I have seen absolutely no evidence of Wilder being anything other than a dude with huge balls in the ring. I can’t imagine that changing in this fight.
        mgame mgame gooderz84 gooderz84 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
          Wilder knows he came so close to beating the best in the division...
          Wilder came very, very close to knocking out Fury in the first bout, and put him on his back twice in the last bout. Fury said he was concussed. And everybody needs to remember that Fury announced his retirement after Wilder-III, essentially saying he had all the money he needed and didn't want to end up as a drooler wearing Depends. That's how bad Wilder hurt him. This is not to say Helenius hasn't got a chance, but Wilder has fought the best there is and flattened him multiple times. While Helenius has the same puncher's chance that any 6-ft 7-in man would have, I still favor Wilder for a crushing win this time around. He's got something to prove, and I expect him to do it.

mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Wilder connects with everyone at least once. Helenius to stand in front of him like a lemon. If he's still conscious when on the floor, I don't expect to see him trying too hard to get up. Wilder KO 1-3 (11/4 on b365)

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Steve View Post

Wilder came very, very close to knocking out Fury in the first bout, and put him on his back twice in the last bout. Fury said he was concussed. And everybody needs to remember that Fury announced his retirement after Wilder-III, essentially saying he had all the money he needed and didn't want to end up as a drooler wearing Depends. That's how bad Wilder hurt him. This is not to say Helenius hasn't got a chance, but Wilder has fought the best there is and flattened him multiple times. While Helenius has the same puncher's chance that any 6-ft 7-in man would have, I still favor Wilder for a crushing win this time around. He's got something to prove, and I expect him to do it.
              He got flattened himself and completely destroyed in the 2nd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Steve View Post

Of course Fury is going to say all sorts of shít about Wilder, the better Wilder looks/sounds the better Fury inevitably seems, Wilder is arguably his best win and that isn't saying a lot.

Wlad was past prime and the only reason he looked decent against AJ is because he's easier to hit and stiff as a board and has bad stamina issues.

Helenius maybe as graceful as an elephant walking a tight rope and has leaky defence but I wouldn't at all be shocked if he cleaned Wilders clock, he's probably the biggest puncher Wilders ever faced, he sadly just lacks the skills to use his god given power.

But Wilder gets himself caught off the likes of Molina, Brezeale etc it wouldn't be at all surprising to see him try and walk Helenius down like Kowancki did and walk on to one.
                Last edited by Boro; 10-14-2022, 09:33 AM.
                Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

I'm excited to see Wilder's return. Losses don't always hold too much weight for me because I want to see how the fighter rebounds. Is Wilder great? If so, how great?

Comment

Tough to imagine wilder losing this one but its heavyweight boxing

Comment

Working...
                    X