Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka-Joshua Franco Title Unification Bout Eyed For New Year's Eve In Japan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka-Joshua Franco Title Unification Bout Eyed For New Year's Eve In Japan

Kazuto Ioka has grown accustomed to ending every year with a bang. This occasion will carry extra special meaning. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that plans are in place for Ioka to next face Joshua Franco in a junior bantamweight title
    [Click Here To Read More]
    DFM DFM likes this.

Big fights in Japan : 'Monster' vs. Butler, Kenshiro vs. 'Mad-Boy' and now they dropped another bomb with Ioka-Franco.

But I just got to say, this is really Franco's first world title shot, taking into account that Juan Francisco Estrada vacated the WBA 'Super' Fly title. One way or another, Estrada has impacted Ioka through the WBA since vacating the 112 WBA 'Super' in 2016; and now again in 2022 at 115.

Comment

This is a solid fight, hopefully the winner fights the winner of Chocolatito-Estrada III.
      DFM DFM likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Drainium-Dees-Nuts View Post
        Big fights in Japan : 'Monster' vs. Butler, Kenshiro vs. 'Mad-Boy' and now they dropped another bomb with Ioka-Franco.

But I just got to say, this is really Franco's first world title shot, taking into account that Juan Francisco Estrada vacated the WBA 'Super' Fly title. One way or another, Estrada has impacted Ioka through the WBA since vacating the 112 WBA 'Super' in 2016; and now again in 2022 at 115.
        I agree. Franco is essentially WBA champ by default. Estrada was harshly stripped IMO. I got Ioka by UD, Franco is a good fighter but Ioka’s technical prowess and championship experience will be the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I agree. Franco is essentially WBA champ by default. Estrada was harshly stripped IMO. I got Ioka by UD, Franco is a good fighter but Ioka’s technical prowess and championship experience will be the difference.
          Interested on the moneyline. Kazuto looked faded in his last two defenses and Francisco Rodriguez Jr arguably beat him, so I got to give Joshua a good chance.

It's funny to think that if it were not for Estrada this ''unification'' would not be happening, OR if Gonzalez got the nod it be Choco vs. Franco consolidating the WBA -- so it takes a WBO champ to earn legitimacy for the WBA's 115 champ?

Comment

Interested on the moneyline. Kazuto looked faded in his last two defenses and Francisco Rodriguez Jr arguably beat him, so I got to give Joshua a good chance.

It's funny to think that if it were not for Estrada this ''unification'' would not be happening, OR if Gonzalez got the nod it be Choco vs. Franco consolidating the WBA -- so it takes a WBO champ to earn legitimacy for the WBA's 115 champ?
            Admittedly, I seem to never get it right with Ioka, I picked Palicte and Tanaka both to beat him on the basis he was looking faded and he proved me wrong both times with stoppage wins.

Gonzalez clearly beat Estrada IMO. Thought that was a borderline robbery. 115 is in a weird place atm, the best fighters aren’t necessarily the champions. I still think Gonzalez is the man to beat, I think he’ll upset Bam Rodriguez if/when that fight happens.
            1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

I like it man!

I would also like to see Rodriguez -Martinez.

Comment

Admittedly, I seem to never get it right with Ioka, I picked Palicte and Tanaka both to beat him on the basis he was looking faded and he proved me wrong both times with stoppage wins.

Gonzalez clearly beat Estrada IMO. Thought that was a borderline robbery. 115 is in a weird place atm, the best fighters aren’t necessarily the champions. I still think Gonzalez is the man to beat, I think he’ll upset Bam Rodriguez if/when that fight happens.
                Kazuto did the youngster Kosei Tanaka so cold, that hurt me because I'm a fan of the kid. Will Joshua suffer the same fate? Does Ioka have enough to add to a great career? The bonus is that he stands to unify.

Your assessment of 115 is bizarrely true, ''the best fighters aren’t necessarily the champions.'' 100.

Comment

Kazuto did the youngster Kosei Tanaka so cold, that hurt me because I'm a fan of the kid. Will Joshua suffer the same fate? Does Ioka have enough to add to a great career? The bonus is that he stands to unify.

Your assessment of 115 is bizarrely true, ''the best fighters aren’t necessarily the champions.'' 100.
                  I guess we’ll find out Dec 31st mate. I’ll definitely be watching via some dodgy Japanese stream.

Comment

I guess we’ll find out Dec 31st mate. I’ll definitely be watching via some dodgy Japanese stream.
                    I wonder if Joshua Franco is still working with Toprank, lately ESPN have been buying the rights to stream Japanese events ; I hope that this unification is on their radar.

Comment

Working...
                    X