Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev vs. Yarde To Be Rescheduled Jan. 28; Yarde To Have Tuneup Fight Nov. 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev vs. Yarde To Be Rescheduled Jan. 28; Yarde To Have Tuneup Fight Nov. 19

Unified light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev was supposed to clash against WBO mandatory challenger Anthony Yarde in October, but in August, it was revealed that Beterbiev suffered an undisclosed injury that would delay the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo needs to fúcking grow a spine and fight Beterbiev soon. Beterbiev will be 38 years old next year and he can't continue blatantly aging him out!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
      Canelo needs to fúcking grow a spine and fight Beterbiev soon. Beterbiev will be 38 years old next year and he can't continue blatantly aging him out!
      Why does Canelo need to fight Beterbiev? Canelo fought Bivol and I am pretty certain that if he won that fight, a clash with Beterbiev was going to be "the match". However, Canelo lost to Bivol and it showed that 175 vs the elite might be Canelo's limit.

Canelo has plenty of fights vs Charlo, Benavidez and another go at Bivol. Canelo vs Beterbiev lost luster because Canelo needs to show he can handle someone bigger like Bivol.

Comment

Should't Bivol and Beterbiev grow a spine and fight each other?

Comment

I hope Yarde and his team/ promoter get some kudos for taking this fight. Beterbiev is a monster and Yarde isn't half bad himself he could have avoided Beterbiev and had decent fights still. Fair play to them.
          Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

January is always hard to get through…this’ll make it a little easier
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Should't Bivol and Beterbiev grow a spine and fight each other?
              Completely concur undisputed trumps some crappy fight with Cinnamon, I want to know if my guy Bivol does beat Beterbiev like I've believed for years but it's seeming increasingly likely we won't find out before Artur is shot to pieces, so very disappointing.

Comment

1000_F_116170482_KIICILyAm4wxEK1cxoY2uAlabuUqn7vy.jpg
                gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Beterbiev needs to have a huge year in 2023 and not waste it fighting the likes of 'system 9'/ko'd by a jab Anthony Yarde. the Bivol/Zurdo (potential upset in that fight) unification needs to happen asap.
                  ideally, if he fights 3 times this year then it needs to be Bivol/Zurdo in the summer and a top contender like Smith at the end of the year.
                  No doubt he'll end up fighting Fanmong Meng and The corpse of Jean Pascals earthly ped infused remains tho

Comment

Which is why he wouldn't fight him...I mean, isn't that clear? Canelo has never fought an elite/dangerous fighter who'd be below 35. And let's not count Danny Jacobs or old Billy Joe as elite. Very good - sure, but hardly elite and definitely not dangerous like GGG or Beterbiev.

Comment

Working...
                    X