Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Want To Stay At 147 And Get A Belt Here, We Missed Out On Opportunity At 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Want To Stay At 147 And Get A Belt Here, We Missed Out On Opportunity At 140

Vergil Ortiz Jr. cannot emphasize enough his intention to remain at welterweight long enough to win his first major title. The wait could run well in 2023, given the ongoing process to get WBA/WBC/IBF welterweight champ Errol Spence and
    [Click Here To Read More]

He needs wait 5 more years until Spence and Crawford agree to fight.

Im amazed how easily Crawford and Porter agreed to fight. Its should be a 50 50 fight. Errol has accomplished more at welterweight, but T bud has accomplished more in his career.
    135 Champ
    140 Undisputed Champ
    147 Champ

Crawford vs Ortiz would be great.

Spence can get wooped by Jaron Ennis for less money.
    Last edited by boxingitis; 10-07-2022, 09:01 AM.

Comment

This young man would rather die of malnutrition before doing drugs, I hope. It's endemic and they missed a perfect chance, during the covid, to test them all. I like Ortiz, but I've been hurt before. I'm not falling in love, like some around here.

Comment

He needs to get a fight in before the end of the year Blair the Flair Cobb beat Maurice Hooker on the undercard of Vergil Ortiz-Michael Mckinson so his a logical opponent
        JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

I would pay $120 for this 3 fight fight card: Crawford vs Spence, Ortiz vs Ennis, Thurman vs Ugas or Rahseed Ellis vs Jesus Ramos.
          Last edited by richardt; 10-07-2022, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            This young man would rather die of malnutrition before doing drugs, I hope. It's endemic and they missed a perfect chance, during the covid, to test them all. I like Ortiz, but I've been hurt before. I'm not falling in love, like some around here.
            You do realise rhabdomyolysis can be caused by anabolic steroids right?! the very illness that caused him to be pulled from a card.

It's perfectly reasonable to assume he could've been on the juice as well.

It's extremely naïve to imply it's endemic and then make it seem like he's the one good egg...

Comment

He had first dibs on a Crawford mandatory already and was removed. Go find the Robert Garcia video

Comment

"at this point I'm kinda running out of names to fight" .... yes you are Virgil, as long as you stay under Oscar and fighting on a failed app. When you're ready for the big boy WW fights against Errol Spence, Bud Crawford, Ugas, KEEF, Boots, Porter, Speedy Rashidi, Stantiosis, Ramos, Vargas, Cody, Delorme, Butaev, Kudratillo, Josesito and the rest of the boys then you know what you need to do. The same thing Ryan just did. CALL AL HAYMON. Seriously you know Dazn is holding you back. Oscar would have never fought on foreign app against all euros. He fought on HBO, which was the biggest platform, against all America's best. You need to get out of that contract.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                  He needs wait 5 more years until Spence and Crawford agree to fight.

Im amazed how easily Crawford and Porter agreed to fight. Its should be a 50 50 fight. Errol has accomplished more at welterweight, but T bud has accomplished more in his career.
                  135 Champ
                  140 Undisputed Champ
                  147 Champ

Crawford vs Ortiz would be great.

Spence can get wooped by Jaron Ennis for less money.
                  ——-
                  Bud’s list of opponents at 147;
                  1. Horn
                  2. Kavaliauskas
                  3. Benavidez
                  4. Khan
                  5. Brook
                  6. Porter

This list is no different from Ortiz’s last 5 opponents except Porter. So what exactly has Bud accomplished at 147?
                  Bud is a great fighter but his 147 run is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
                    "at this point I'm kinda running out of names to fight" .... yes you are Virgil, as long as you stay under Oscar and fighting on a failed app. When you're ready for the big boy WW fights against Errol Spence, Bud Crawford, Ugas, KEEF, Boots, Porter, Speedy Rashidi, Stantiosis, Ramos, Vargas, Cody, Delorme, Butaev, Kudratillo, Josesito and the rest of the boys then you know what you need to do. The same thing Ryan just did. CALL AL HAYMON. Seriously you know Dazn is holding you back. Oscar would have never fought on foreign app against all euros. He fought on HBO, which was the biggest platform, against all America's best. You need to get out of that contract.
                    If he signs with PBC/Haymon, Ortiz Jr will become a one-fight-a-year fighter in no time.
                    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X