Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Archie Sharp Hopes Oscar Valdez is Next For Vacant WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Archie Sharp Hopes Oscar Valdez is Next For Vacant WBO Title

No1 contender Archie Sharp expects to face Oscar Valdez for the vacant WBO world junior lightweight title. Sharp has been at the top of the WBO's rankings for almost a year and has relentlessly banged the drum for a fight with US star Shakur Stevenson.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Valdez would laugh at the power of a guy with less than 50% KO ratio so his idea of stopping Valdez is preposterous.
    Last edited by richardt; 10-03-2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Who the actual f3ck is this guy? I have honestly never seen him fight.

I'm going to check him out on YT.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        Who the actual f3ck is this guy? I have honestly never seen him fight.

I'm going to check him out on YT.
        He's don't look like a bad fighter hes definitely got skills an he's not a bad boxer etc but he hasn't fought anybody of note so I don't think he should be in this position for a world title shot but he's promoted by Frank Warren who's fighters do get special treatment from the WBO an they always get highly elevated even when they haven't done much to justify being in that position. He woudnt beat valdez

Comment

Typical Frank Warren fighter getting highly elevated by the WBO for a title shot. Denzel Bentley just been announced to fight Janibek for the WBO title who's a Warren fighter even tho he's beat nobody. Danny dignum is a Warren fighter an he got destroyed by Janibek for the the interim because he was highly ranked by the WBO even tho he hadnt beat anybody. Anthony yarde was WBO mandatory for kovalev after fighting nobody and got knocked out an then has a couple fights against journeyman an a win over lyndon arthur at British level an them boom wbo mandatory again now archie sharp is number 1 with the WBO an beat nobody an now he's gonna get a shot it seems. Warren an the WBO's relationship is crazy sometimes

Comment

He's not a bad boxer, just not World level & from what I can make of it he's only won lowly WBO trinket title's. I think I'd of had more respect for him had he of gone the British, Commonwealth & European (EBU) route.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
              He's not a bad boxer, just not World level & from what I can make of it he's only won lowly WBO trinket title's. I think I'd of had more respect for him had he of gone the British, Commonwealth & European (EBU) route.
              I remember him beating Lyon Woodstock a few years ago(maybe for British title?) and thought he looked above domestic level but I couldn’t name one opponent he’s faced since then.

I think he was only 23 then so I thought he may go far but he doesn’t seem to have done much but call out Shakur Stevenson since

Comment

Working...
              X