Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: It Feels Great Not To Have Pressure, I'm In A Different Position Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: It Feels Great Not To Have Pressure, I'm In A Different Position Now

By Manouk Akopyan - Uneasy is the head that wears a crown, William Shakespeare once famously wrote. Former heavyweight crownholder Deontay Wilder knows all too well the pressure that comes with being a champion. Wilder's world title reign spanned from 2015 to 2020 until he ran into the buzzsaw that was Tyson Fury. Wilder lost his
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-01-2022, 11:08 PM.

“Only time I get water is during the break. I’ve just been doing things like that to challenge myself, doing things that have never been done before, or that you don’t really do in boxing. I wanted to see how my body adjusts to the long length of time without a break. When you can go a long time without taking a break, you’re in shape.”

So insightful. When you can go a long time without breaks you’re in shape!!!

And who would have thought no one does shadowboxing and pads in boxing. Or drinks only during breaks. That’s amazing how Wilder and Scott are revolutionizing this sport in 2022.

Comment

We will not see the same Wilder. If his power doesn’t save him against Hellenius, he is getting a shellacking. He thinks he’s so relaxed with no pressure. Doesn’t he consider the pressure made him who he was? If this is incorrect, please point out fighters who have taken the beating he has, then speak this way, and are successful with it.
      The fact that he has sparred with Hellenius and has chosen to fight Hellenius is telling. He feels familiar with Hellenius and this gives Wilder confidence. Hellenius is presumed to be a decent challenge, and he is. But this isn’t sparring.
      Last edited by Casualfanboy; 10-02-2022, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Fury killed the Wilder you all think you know. He will never win another significant fight.
        Boxingtrucker Casualfanboy likes this.

Comment

I'm glad he had a break but didn't retire, I feel Wilder still has a couple of good years in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Wilder
            Only time I get water is during the break. I’ve just been doing things like that to challenge myself, doing things that have never been done before, or that you don’t really do in boxing.
            Everyone has water during the breaks lmao. His brain is extremely damaged at this point. He thinks nobody is drinking water during breaks, wow lmao.
            letsgochump letsgochump likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

Everyone has water during the breaks lmao. His brain is extremely damaged at this point. He thinks nobody is drinking water during breaks, wow lmao.
              Where's 1hourBum? Don't you miss that expertise

Comment

Originally posted by letsgochump View Post
                “Only time I get water is during the break. I’ve just been doing things like that to challenge myself, doing things that have never been done before, or that you don’t really do in boxing. I wanted to see how my body adjusts to the long length of time without a break. When you can go a long time without taking a break, you’re in shape.”

So insightful. When you can go a long time without breaks you’re in shape!!!

And who would have thought no one does shadowboxing and pads in boxing. Or drinks only during breaks. That’s amazing how Wilder and Scott are revolutionizing this sport in 2022.
                commn.. its fine to try these little things to challenge your endurance.. Dont be blind with hatred
                Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Yes yes Fury relieved you of that pressure. Enjoy the comfort of being a journeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post

commn.. its fine to try these little things to challenge your endurance.. Dont be blind with hatred
                    Just cracking a joke on Wilder. It's not that serious.

Comment

Working...
                    X