No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney Favors Ryan Garcia Over Gervonta Davis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devin Haney Favors Ryan Garcia Over Gervonta Davis

With both Ryan Garcia and Gervonta "Tank" Davis continuing their curse-filled war of words, the two appear anxious to settle their long-standing rivalry in the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haney shows wisdom, although it's blatantly obvious that Garcia is way too much for protected Tank to deal with. Garcia is way faster and hits harder. Davis lost badly to Pitbull Cruz although he was adjusting towards the end. Mayweather lost way worse to JL Castillo but Tank still lost 115-113 being generous. With Garcia, Tank would have to get inside. He can't wait for Ryan to rush in and counter him because Ryan can attack with great speed and power from well outside of Tank's effective range. Tank will have to move in, and he can't fight moving forward against guys with speed and/or power both of which Ryan has. TMT has done Tank zero favors with the careful matchmaking...but then again they will be doing him a huge favor when they drag this match out until Ryan moves on. Tank's days are numbered. He's too small for 140 and 135 is getting hot. He's out of patsies to fight. Tank will NOT be undefeated this time next year unless he lets TMT keep protecting him.
    Fact Fact SteveM SteveM like this.

Comment

Cryan Garcia has a fragile ego, is mentally weak and has never been in the ring with anybody near Tanks level. Cryan is going to get beaten bad then stopped late
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg real raw real raw like this.

Comment

Neither one is tryin to "hammer out the deal behind the scenes" it's all twitter talk
        JLC JLC bigsmoothh bigsmoothh like this.

Comment

I'm tired of hearing about this guy's opinion. His takes are as bad as NSB to be honest.

It's also hilarious that professional boxers sit there and truthfully act like Gervonta isn't a problem. He's a midget and has short arms but anyone with an ounce of objectivity knows Gervonta is a ****ing problem.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            I'm tired of hearing about this guy's opinion. His takes are as bad as NSB to be honest.

It's also hilarious that professional boxers sit there and truthfully act like Gervonta isn't a problem. He's a midget and has short arms but anyone with an ounce of objectivity knows Gervonta is a ****ing problem.
            He's a professional boxer that has sparred with both,who's opinion would hold more merit lol?? Not to say it's what would take place should they fight but as you you say,anyone without an ounce of bias knows BOTH are a problem. I've stated many times here that Tank would not necessarily be the "easiest" fight for Ryan but he'd present the least issues for Ryan compared to Haney,Loma or a Shakur if Ryan stays at 135 long enough. Ryan's size and reach is a huge advantage for him,let alone his speed,power,boxing ability and the best left hook counter in the sport. He's clearly working on his defense and is implementing his straight right as seen against Fortuna and Campbell....anyways both great fighters and hopefully it comes together and we"ll see who's who.
            Last edited by Sctrojan; 10-01-2022, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

He's a professional boxer that has sparred with both,who's opinion would hold more merit lol?? Not to say it's what would take place should they fight but as you you say,anyone without an ounce of bias knows BOTH are a problem. I've stated many times here that Tank would not necessarily be the "easiest" fight for Ryan but he'd present the least issues for Ryan compared to Haney,Loma or a Shakur if Ryan stays at 135 long enough. Ryan's size and reach is a huge advantage for him,let alone his speed,power,boxing ability and the best left hook counter in the sport. He's clearly working on his defense and is implementing his straight right as seen against Fortuna.....anyways both great fighters and hopefully it comes together and we"ll see who's who.
              But he isn't really giving an honest take. There's guys who have sparred Haney and Davis and will say Davis is a problem. That one guy at 140, I forget his name (southpaw black dude who gave an interview to Ellie pre-tank-rolly) but even he speaks volumes to Tank's power. But these guys are really acting like Davis is light work.

The only thing Ryan has on Tank is the reach-height factor. It'll make Tank have to leap in. But all we really have to do is go watch Tank vs Barrios to see how he handles height and reach. Barrios being 5'10" and Ryan being 5'10". Barrios having a 71" reach and Ryan having a 70" reach. Ryan might have the hand speed but still looks for primarily the left hook and he still has the same weaknesses and holes in his game (i.e. chin up, back away in a straight line with hands down when evading punches).

So, it's not as easy as Haney alludes to. He has his opinion but I think his opinion comes with a little bias. That's why I'm kind of tired of hearing his opinion if it's always going to come from a place of dishonesty.

Someone like Spence for example, doesn't act like Crawford or Garcia etc are light work. He gives an honest opinion, acknowledges their strengths but is confident in himself. Gives it straight. I don't like when Haney or these guys give it half-truths for whatever the reasons have.

Haney knows Tank is a problem. We all know Tank is a problem and is the biggest risk for any of these guys at 135 simply because he can turn a fight upside down with 1 punch.

Comment

ryan is too mentally fragile to sign a fight with tank. its not happening, he is too busy making youtube and tik tok videos, he only boxes part time and will fight some Lyft driver so he doesnt have to work too hard or risk too much.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

But he isn't really giving an honest take. There's guys who have sparred Haney and Davis and will say Davis is a problem. That one guy at 140, I forget his name (southpaw black dude who gave an interview to Ellie pre-tank-rolly) but even he speaks volumes to Tank's power. But these guys are really acting like Davis is light work.

The only thing Ryan has on Tank is the reach-height factor. It'll make Tank have to leap in. But all we really have to do is go watch Tank vs Barrios to see how he handles height and reach. Barrios being 5'10" and Ryan being 5'10". Barrios having a 71" reach and Ryan having a 70" reach. Ryan might have the hand speed but still looks for primarily the left hook and he still has the same weaknesses and holes in his game (i.e. chin up, back away in a straight line with hands down when evading punches).

So, it's not as easy as Haney alludes to. He has his opinion but I think his opinion comes with a little bias. That's why I'm kind of tired of hearing his opinion if it's always going to come from a place of dishonesty.

Someone like Spence for example, doesn't act like Crawford or Garcia etc are light work. He gives an honest opinion, acknowledges their strengths but is confident in himself. Gives it straight. I don't like when Haney or these guys give it half-truths for whatever the reasons have.

Haney knows Tank is a problem. We all know Tank is a problem and is the biggest risk for any of these guys at 135 simply because he can turn a fight upside down with 1 punch.
                  I don't remember Haney mentioning anything about Tank being an "easy" out? Just that he'd favor Ryan and for valid reasons. Barrios gave Tank serious issues up until the 9th rd or so and sure,he has the same stature as Ryan but thats where the similarities end. If guys like Barrios and Rolly of all people caused Tank to become cautious and forced his output to drop,just think how cautious he becomes against someone who does everything better in spades than those two journeyman level fighters?

Always hear the "he only has a lefthook" argument as well which couldn't be further from the truth. He throws a pretty damn good,hard straight right both up top and to the body that hurt both Luke and Fortuna. If he's not throwing it hard he's flicking it out to bait as well. He starts up top with his lightning quick lefthook, after 3-4 rds,a little longer with Campbell,it's forcing his opponents to become fixated on defending against it that they become wide open for a bodyshot,which he's nearly perfected. Easy trap to to set when you're that fast and powerful so you're ****ed either up top or to the body now. He also has a pretty good jab. Against Fortuna,he really didn't use that 2 arm extended out maneuver to create distance either and kept his right glove muffed up top decently which im sure Mr. Denim is focusing on the most. There's the "but he can't box doe" I hear too. Well if you don't know how to box,you're not beating Haney in the amateurs are you?

Then you got clowns here saying "well he's flat footed" which he's really not. Flat footed is Brandon Rios or a Provodnikov. With his size,reach and power hes taking center of the ring using a wide(ish) stance to maximize those advantages so of course he's not going to be fighting on the balls of his feet floating around like Loma/Usyk looking for angles. Against that scared ****less little jack rabbit he covered ground pretty quickly trying to cut the ring off,couldn't do it but he wasn't out there plodding like an oger.

Not going to sit here and pretend Tank doesn't have the ability to knock out anyone including Ryan. I just see a far bigger hill for him to climb against Ryan than vice versa is all I'm saying and just my opinion. No harm no foul....

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil Knows Boxing View Post
                    Haney shows wisdom, although it's blatantly obvious that Garcia is way too much for protected Tank to deal with. Garcia is way faster and hits harder. Davis lost badly to Pitbull Cruz although he was adjusting towards the end. Mayweather lost way worse to JL Castillo but Tank still lost 115-113 being generous. With Garcia, Tank would have to get inside. He can't wait for Ryan to rush in and counter him because Ryan can attack with great speed and power from well outside of Tank's effective range. Tank will have to move in, and he can't fight moving forward against guys with speed and/or power both of which Ryan has. TMT has done Tank zero favors with the careful matchmaking...but then again they will be doing him a huge favor when they drag this match out until Ryan moves on. Tank's days are numbered. He's too small for 140 and 135 is getting hot. He's out of patsies to fight. Tank will NOT be undefeated this time next year unless he lets TMT keep protecting him.
                    I’m not debating your prediction/opinion on the fight. But “Garcia hits harder”???? What??? You ever see Tank fight? Or are you aware of who he is? If it wasn’t for Wilder’s big right hand, he’d be talked about as the hardest puncher in boxing. Him or Inoue
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X