Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Andrade, Canelo-Golovkin, Joe Joyce, Haney, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Andrade, Canelo-Golovkin, Joe Joyce, Haney, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as former two division champion Demetrius Andrade, the Canelo vs. Golovkin trilogy, heavyweight contender Joe Joyce, undisputed lightweight champion Devin Haney, and much more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree. If Mayweather came back and beat the winner of Crawford vs Spence, it would be the best win in boxing history.
    greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Maybe Mayweather could deliver one more great performance in a real fight, but I don't think he'd want to risk it.

He wouldn't want to risk the 50-0 record, which one risks losing if you fight a Crawford or Ennis.

It would be fascinating to watch, at least I think so, because Floyd has amazing skill and experience, which others don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
        Maybe Mayweather could deliver one more great performance in a real fight, but I don't think he'd want to risk it.

He wouldn't want to risk the 50-0 record, which one risks losing if you fight a Crawford or Ennis.

It would be fascinating to watch, at least I think so, because Floyd has amazing skill and experience, which others don't have.
        You do realise he's 45, slow, softer round the middle & even gets hit by mma asians.
        I don't understand fans of the sport that want to see any former great fighter risking they're health after the age of 36 - 38 especially after retiring.
        Give it up, the only risk he might take for 51 is Jake Paul or that twat Mctapout again.
        He's called Money Mayweather & not Punch drunk Mayweather for a reason.
        Last edited by Bob; 10-01-2022, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post

You do realise he's 45, slow, softer round the middle & even gets hit by mma asians.
          I don't understand fans of the sport that want to see any former great fighter risking they're health after the age of 36 - 38 especially after retiring.
          Give it up, the only risk he might take for 51 is Jake Paul or that twat Mctapout again.
          He's called Money Mayweather & not Punch drunk Mayweather for a reason.
          "He's called Money Mayweather and not Punch Drunk Mayweather for a reason"

​​​​​​Just needs repeating..

Comment

Also, Breadman- if you need a spell checker or editor, hmu...
            buge buge Oregonian Oregonian like this.

Comment

Good read as always but the Mayweather question was a waste of time reading and even posting. It will NEVER happen. Of you wanted to really ask that question. I would of probably asked MM Mayweather at 45 vs
              Spence 2022. And if Floyd beat him then what?

Way more better questions to ask.

I got one for him? How much do you think itt would of changed your life if Plant had u in his corner against Canelo?? I mean to just miss out on that much $$$$$. And be the next guy? Must suk. Ohhh well! Plant is a very good fighter probably 3rd best at SMW currently. I can see him winning a title again.

Comment

"On the weight issue Shakur has been declaring over a year now that he wont be around the Jr light weight division for very Long . He is a 25 year old man now and the body just couldn't make the weight anymore. I can't understand how some boxing so called fans or trolls just cant comprehend."

I lost brain cells reading this dudes comment.

It's wasn't about just the weight! It was about TELLING the other guy u CANT make weight! And telling them listen. We cant make weight. How u want do this? Want more $$$? Cancel the fight? Etc. Etc. Quit starving yourself?

But NOPE they let this dude starve himself to properly make weight and wait until the weigh in to start to rehydrate!!! While they were not even trying to make weight. And he missed by a LOT!

That's how u get someone hurt bad or killed!

Dumb ass question and a dumb ass answer from Bread. He should know better then this.

Comment

Why would anyone want a 45 year old to box again? smh

Andrade just has no ambition. Simple as. He could've fought the Japanese dude, set up other fights. Fought Montiel and beat Montiel clearer than Charlo to cause a discussion. But Andrade didn't do that. He's only championed the Canelo fight which is as dumb as a say Paulie Malignaggi calling for a Pacquiao fight back in 2015. Or whenever it was that he fought Amir Khan. Andrade sat on his ass, took mandatories, fought club boxers and thought he was making a name for himself doing it. If that isn't delusion, I don't know what is.

I know boxing is hard (I did it and chose a different life route) but Andrade had a choice in all his matters. He could've walked through the fire like Spence did at 147 or Jermell at 154, Canelo at 168 (albeit the fire was lukewarm) but instead tried to finesse the public into thinking he was doing great things by beating cans and weasel his way into a money fight with canelo rather than beat Lara, beat the Japanese guy, and do some things actually noteworthy.

Comment

Demetrius Andrade has not fought 1 world champion in 14 years as a pro?

That statement speaks volumes.

Comment

Working...
                    X