Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shields: I've Seen Mikaela Go Through The Trenches; Can Alycia Switch Up the Game Plan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shields: I've Seen Mikaela Go Through The Trenches; Can Alycia Switch Up the Game Plan?

The upcoming women's junior lightweight title unification bout between Mikaela Mayer and Alycia Baumgardner may come down to pure grit, according to Claressa Shields.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just out of curiosity, are any of you truly vested in women's boxing? Or is it still just something you'll watch on an undercard?

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil Knows Boxing View Post
      Just out of curiosity, are any of you truly vested in women's boxing? Or is it still just something you'll watch on an undercard?
      What the hell you talking about, go sit yo crazy ass down and be quiet!

Comment

Looking forward to this double header. I like Alycia, I'm curious about her power. Was the destruction of Harper because of Alycia's power or more about Harper's punch resistance (and weight drain)?

I originally liked Mayer but I feel like there's a certain arrogance to her. The Hamadouche fight was razor close and she won it (it never hurts to be the A-side).

I think Mayer is the better boxer and will have the promotion behind her; Baumgardner will need her power to be real and it will have to be significant enough to alter Mayer's game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil Knows Boxing View Post
          I've been watching women's boxing faithfully for 26 years. It started with Martin vs Gogarty in 96. Ever since then, I was hooked because I saw they could put on a good show as well. Plus Lucia Rijker is my favorite female boxer of all time. Holly HOlm is my favorite mma fighter(plus I've followed her since she was boxing on Friday night fights as well)

As for this fight, Baumgardner will be outboxed, hurt, and probably even dropped on the way to a one sided decision loss. I love both women, but I don't see how she beats Mayer.
          WamBamSam23 WamBamSam23 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post

I've been watching women's boxing faithfully for 26 years. It started with Martin vs Gogarty in 96. Ever since then, I was hooked because I saw they could put on a good show as well. Plus Lucia Rijker is my favorite female boxer of all time. Holly HOlm is my favorite mma fighter(plus I've followed her since she was boxing on Friday night fights as well)

As for this fight, Baumgardner will be outboxed, hurt, and probably even dropped on the way to a one sided decision loss. I love both women, but I don't see how she beats Mayer.
            I love Rijker but for me, I’ve never seen any woman fight the way Anne Wolfe fought. Ali is one of the greats and she 100% retired to avoid Anne. Wolfe puts shields in a bodybag. Agree Mayer wins this by a large margin or maybe a tko from unanswered punches.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post

What the hell you talking about, go sit yo crazy ass down and be quiet!
              What's your problem? Relax, you turd.

Comment

On pure boxing skills then Katie Taylor is the best ever female and will absolutely retire undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                X