Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thammanoon Niyomtrong-Erick Rosa Strawweight Title Consolidation Fight Ordered By WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thammanoon Niyomtrong-Erick Rosa Strawweight Title Consolidation Fight Ordered By WBA

The ambitious career of Erick Rosa will now include a shot at the best strawweight in the world. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the WBA has ordered a strawweight title consolidation fight between Dominican Republic's Rosa as the 'World' (Regular) titlist and Thailand's Thammanoon Niyomtrong, better known as Knockout CP Freshmart and who holds the 'Super' title. The fight was formally ordered on September 29 with the two sides granted a free negotiation period to work out terms for their overdue mandatory title fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope this comes off. I was the only one posting in threads about the WBA ordering Kyoguchi-Bermudez and that ended up being a firefight. This one's also got the added appeal of two hungry small men from different necks of the woods. We'll see what happens.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Niyomtrong is underrated. Hell, all these lighter divisions are. I get people do not get a ton of KO's and the average champ has names that require a translator and practice, but if you love movement and constant action this is a fighter for you. I have not seen Erick Rosa in action yet, so I will look up some action and see how he looks, but this will be a fiery match for fighters who do not get a ton of big money exposure, depending on live crowds and fan support to make their cash.

Comment

Working...
      X