Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Serrano: One Win Away From Becoming Undisputed, WBA Champ Has Been Eluding Us For A Little Bit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Serrano: One Win Away From Becoming Undisputed, WBA Champ Has Been Eluding Us For A Little Bit

Amanda Serrano checked off several boxes with her latest win. Saturday's ten-round, unanimous decision win over Sarah Mahfoud saw the Brooklyn-bred Boricua southpaw fight for her first Ring magazine title, which also marked her debut in the U.K. Amazingly through title wins in a female record seven weight divisions, it was also Serrano's first time facing another reigning titlist in a true unification bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You might want to get Abit of fight in you Amanda. Shocking how you collapsed against Katie Taylor after round 5. I know you most probably knew you were toast after round 5 but you showed a coward mentality and lost the last 4 rounds. Now there is no chance you can beat Katie in any rematch but at least go out on your shield.
    Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shranaploya View Post
      You might want to get Abit of fight in you Amanda. Shocking how you collapsed against Katie Taylor after round 5. I know you most probably knew you were toast after round 5 but you showed a coward mentality and lost the last 4 rounds. Now there is no chance you can beat Katie in any rematch but at least go out on your shield.
      I agree. She lacks a fighter's instinct. Once your opponent is hurt you don't let them off the hook the way she did. After badly rocking Taylor she decided to coast to victory and lost on the cards. Even though, I still believe she won the fight.
      Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shranaploya View Post
        So you agree she won the first 5 rounds? In that case how did Taylor win?

Comment

Taylor won 2 of the first 4 ( 3 judges agreed) and Taylor won the last 4 rounds. So 6-4 to Taylor but arguably 7-3. Serrano gave the fight away after the 5th.
          champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Just read your post back, at what point in my original post did I say serrano won the first 5 rounds? Everybody and I mean everybody pretty much agreed that the first 4 rounds were even at 2-2. My point is serrano collapsed and gave up after the 5th and lost the fight due to it.

Comment

Real excited for Amanda. Hope the unification thing happens.

Comment

Erika will not make any where near the purse fighting Serrano for a historic fight. Either Serrano or her becomes undisputed in that weight.

Serrano is slowing down and she should jump at her while she can.

Comment

I think she can beat serrano. Gases in a 10 round 2 minutes fight is unforgivable. Serrano done the same last weekend. I think Katie Taylor took her soul. The rematch will never happen as serrano won't sign for it.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

I agree. She lacks a fighter's instinct. Once your opponent is hurt you don't let them off the hook the way she did. After badly rocking Taylor she decided to coast to victory and lost on the cards. Even though, I still believe she won the fight.
                    Well said - Serrano won the fight but totally squandered the last four rounds, which made it close enough for her to get robbed. She wasn’t overly impressive in her last fight either. I’m afraid she’s drifting toward irrelevancy.

Comment

Working...
                    X