Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: Haney Clearly Top Guy At 135; Anybody Say Otherwise Definitely Hatin' On Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson: Haney Clearly Top Guy At 135; Anybody Say Otherwise Definitely Hatin' On Him

NEWARK, New Jersey - Shakur Stevenson understandably believes he'd dethrone Devin Haney if he receives the opportunity to dethrone the undefeated, fully unified lightweight champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haney has the belts. As a fan of who you have boxed not what overrated hardware you hold, I am not sure who is actually #1 as these men have not faced each other. But this division is loaded, and it sounds like everyone is willing to throw leather with everyone else so I bet we find out who is actually the best......
    Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

From a technical standpoint, Haney is the top guy at 135, he beat the guy, who beat the guy, who beat the guy. From a dangerous standpoint, he's not the most dangerous guy at 135. And you better believe that if Haney beats Kombosos again, Bob is salivating in matching Stevenson against Haney, that's the only reason Bob signed Haney, he knows Haney is good but not great, and can be served up to Stevenson on a platter and treat the fan's to one of the most boring fights in recent memory.
      Apollo7 Apollo7 likes this.

Comment

Shakur " Low Blow" Stevenson. First he doesn't make weight, the he low blows the heck out Robson.

Devin " The Hugger" Haney, jab, jab, hug all night.

Don't refs do their job any more. No points taken off for excessive low blows and clinching.

El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Haney had the easiest path in boxing history to become undisputed but he did beat the man that beat the man so he is THE fighter at 135. Is he the best fighter at 135 though?...I'm not so sure. He got countered flush numerous times by JoJo and got put on crear street by Linares. What happens when Ryan,Tank or Loma land those same counters?

Loma with his footwork,angles and boxing IQ certainly can beat Haney but we"ll see exactly how much he has left in the tank here in a few weeks. Ryan has the height,reach,boxing ability and with his hairpin triggered left hook, he can to do the same. With his lack of size,Tank will have the biggest difficulty here. His gameplan will have to be to get inside because if not,he"ll just get pot shotted/jabbed to the death . Tanks saving grace is that Haney has very little pop on his punches so Tank can afford to take the risk necessary to get on the inside. Haney will more than likely resort to his jab n grab when he attempts to to but that"ll leave openings for Tank to land his great uppercuts, either right before or right out of one of Haneys clinches.

In all,is Haney "the man" at 135lb?...yes. The "best" not so sure.
          Last edited by Sctrojan; 09-30-2022, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
            Haney has the belts. As a fan of who you have boxed not what overrated hardware you hold, I am not sure who is actually #1 as these men have not faced each other. But this division is loaded, and it sounds like everyone is willing to throw leather with everyone else so I bet we find out who is actually the best......
            I'm not hearing that! Garcia walked away from a title fight w/ Haney! I heard Haney call out Tank (and Espinoza of Showtime), said he would be ready in December, no response! Lomachenko chose Teofimo over Haney, WBC created a fake title, so it could happen, and now Lopez is at 140! There's a lot of POTENTIAL @ 135, especially now that Shakur moved up, but I'm still not seeing guys willing to make the fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
              Haney had the easiest path in boxing history to become undisputed but he did beat the man that beat the man so he is THE fighter at 135. Is he the best fighter at 135 though?...I'm not so sure. He got countered flush numerous times by JoJo and got put on crear street by Linares. What happens when Ryan,Tank or Loma land those same counters?

Loma with his footwork,angles and boxing IQ certainly can beat Haney but we"ll see exactly how much he has left in the tank here in a few weeks. Ryan has the height,reach,boxing ability and with his hairpin triggered left hook, he can to do the same. Tank will have the biggest difficulty closing the gap and because of his lack of size his gameplan will have to be to get inside because if not,he"ll just get pot shotted/jabbed to the death . Tanks saving grace is that Haney has very little pop on his punches so Tank can afford to take the risk necessary to get on the inside. Haney will more than likely resort to his jab n grab when he attempts to to but that"ll leave openings for Tank to land his great uppercuts, either right before or right out of one of Haneys clinches.

In all,is Haney "the man" at 135lb?...yes. The "best" not so sure.
              How do you see Shakur Stevenson vs Haney?

Comment

Originally posted by UniqueBoxing View Post

How do you see Shakur Stevenson vs Haney?
                They both can do it all. IMO Stevenson the skilled southpaw boxer puncher has the edge

UniqueBoxing UniqueBoxing likes this.

Comment

I dont think anyone is arguing that Haney isnt the man at lw, i mean he has all the belts now. What most are saying is he isnt the best at 135. Huge difference. And we'll only find out when he fights the Lomas, Davis', Cruz', Stevensons, etc.

Comment

He's definitely the man at 135. I just want to see him make a couple defenses. I do think Tank beats him.

Comment

Working...
                    X