Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bomac Views Spence As Tougher Fight For Crawford Than Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bomac Views Spence As Tougher Fight For Crawford Than Charlo

Although a showdown between Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr. remains at the top of nearly everyone's must-see list, the Omaha, Nebraska, native has thrown around the possibility of moving up in weight to take on Jermell Charlo. With the truculent 154-pound undisputed champion standing firmly in Spence's corner, Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs) has stated on numerous occasions that he would be more than willing to strip Charlo of his championship status after doing the same to his good friend.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Charlo would scramble this clout chasers brains.

Comment

And water is wet

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas' 4 Eva View Post
        Said the homer . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas' 4 Eva View Post
          As much as I think Jermell is quite talented...I actually think Crawford beats him.

Jermell and Spence fight NOTHING alike. Jermell goes for precision which is why Harrison gave him an L. Jermell had to learn that sometimes you just need to go in there and walk the man down - but that's not necessarily his strong point.

Whereas Spence works for precision too, but he only does it to lure you into a false sense and/or frustrate you into engaging (Van Heerden, Algieri). If you don't get frustrated he'll just keep you on the end of the jab (Mikey). If he sees that's not working, he'll just bully the hell out of you and walk you down while walking through punches (Ugas, Ocampo, Porter, Brook). Crawford gets EASILY frustrated, especially when he gets hit.

We think Spence has a significant advantage over Crawford for this very reason, but Jermell would likely take an L. (That rhymes).

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

As much as I think Jermell is quite talented...I actually think Crawford beats him.

Jermell and Spence fight NOTHING alike. Jermell goes for precision which is why Harrison gave him an L. Jermell had to learn that sometimes you just need to go in there and walk the man down - but that's not necessarily his strong point.

Whereas Spence works for precision too, but he only does it to lure you into a false sense and/or frustrate you into engaging (Van Heerden, Algieri). If you don't get frustrated he'll just keep you on the end of the jab (Mikey). If he sees that's not working, he'll just bully the hell out of you and walk you down while walking through punches (Ugas, Ocampo, Porter, Brook). Crawford gets EASILY frustrated, especially when he gets hit.

We think Spence has a significant advantage over Crawford for this very reason, but Jermell would likely take an L. (That rhymes).
            That's a fact! Spence keeps working, for the entire fight! Always hitting something, arms, shoulders, ribs, etc.! Plus he hits hard! Broke both Brook and Ugas' faces! He's never faced a fighter like Bud though! Not sure how Bud does @ 154? I know Mayweather came all the way up from 130, but he doesn't get hit as much as Bud! Just praying we get this fight on November 19th!
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

The fact that Crawford leaves himself wide open a little too much is why I think Jermell gets Crawford out of there early. Jermell has skills too he isn't just a puncher, he showed more skills in the Castano fight than Crawford ever really has. If he had to he WOULD just walk Crawford down and beat him up.

Comment

For such a subpar career that Crawford has had if he is able to beat Spence for the undisputed WW titles and then Charlo's undisputed JrMW titles it would be such an accomplishment.

I really doubt he would be able to beat Charlo though.

Comment

Salute if he can do that. Not easy for a fighter who fought at 135 ti dance at 154.

Comment

35 years old, moving up to 154 against a skilled bigger man who can punch...Charlo knocks Bud out.

Comment

Working...
                    X