Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr. on Benn Challenging Him: It's a Big Ask, But He Has Big Balls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr. on Benn Challenging Him: It's a Big Ask, But He Has Big Balls

Chris Eubank Jr. cannot help but admire the gumption of Conor Benn. Of course, for Eubank, it's all, in the end, a moot point. Eubank, the longtime middleweight and super middleweight contender, and Benn, the rising welterweight contender, are
    [Click Here To Read More]

Eubank Jr is good but not very exceptional at world level.

He couldn't beat Saunders and Groves. That says a fair bit about Eubank Jr.

Benn also hasn't had to be tested, so it's a decent test. But Benn has some really good power and I think he'll take the power up well for this bout.

Comment

Doesn't require big balls at all, he wins he's apparently special, he losses he dared to be great. Ultimately win win for Benn

Eubank on the other hand loses he's disgraced himself if he wins he's just beat a small welterweight... lose lose for Eubank.

Comment

boxing needs all the name recognition it can get because after canelo who is the next recognizable mainstream star in the sport???

fury?
        loma?
        spence or crawford?
        joshua?

there is a huge star power outage in boxing after the retirements of floyd and manny.

it hasnt been filled since.

i mean my god they are selling us ryan garcia ffs.....

Comment

Originally posted by Offensive Wizardry View Post
          boxing needs all the name recognition it can get because after canelo who is the next recognizable mainstream star in the sport???

fury?
          loma?
          spence or crawford?
          joshua?

there is a huge star power outage in boxing after the retirements of floyd and manny.

it hasnt been filled since.

i mean my god they are selling us ryan garcia ffs.....
          there's no superstars - but there's quite a few stars - Joshua, Fury, Canelo, Golovkin, Spence, Tank, - with the exception of Canelo none of them fight often enough to compile the necessary resume needed to be a superstar

There's a few fighters young enough to become superstars in the future >> Ryan, Morrell, Ennis, Ortiz, Teofimo, Keyshawn, Anderson, Haney - assuming the results go the right way

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

there's no superstars - but there's quite a few stars - Joshua, Fury, Canelo, Golovkin, Spence, Tank, - with the exception of Canelo none of them fight often enough to compile the necessary resume needed to be a superstar

There's a few fighters young enough to become superstars in the future >> Ryan, Morrell, Ennis, Ortiz, Teofimo, Keyshawn, Anderson, Haney - assuming the results go the right way
            GGG isnt really a star. just in boxing. stars transcend the sport. so no tank isnt a star neither is spence. none of those guys are really mainstream yet.

ryan garcia is the most mainsteram of all those names. joshua was well on his way to megastar but lost.

Comment

Eubank simply isn’t that good of a fighter.. why Benn has no problem taking the big check to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by Offensive Wizardry View Post

GGG isnt really a star. just in boxing. stars transcend the sport. so no tank isnt a star neither is spence. none of those guys are really mainstream yet.

ryan garcia is the most mainsteram of all those names. joshua was well on his way to megastar but lost.
                well you moved the goalposts by re-defining a star as someone who transcends boxing. So if that is a star, what is a superstar? If I asked my sister who pacquaio or mayweather are I doubt she would know. She would know Joshua because she, he and I are British - so Joshua is a star in Britain but not in America. Pac has transcended the sport in the Philippines but not in other countries. Ditto Inoue in Japan. Its all subjective.
                Another issue is this - a rising tide floats all boats. [ and a sinking tide beaches all boats] - the state of boxing now is that it is a niche sport - in the seventies and eighties it was a mainstream sport. It's difficult for superstars to emerge from a niche sport. They'd literally have to have a lot of talent and a huge personality. The closest we've had just recently is Conor McGregor - due to his abrasive personality.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
                  Eubank simply isn’t that good of a fighter.. why Benn has no problem taking the big check to fight him
                  Who've you got?

For me Benn is unproven at 147 but this fight being made suggests that his team, and maybe him, don't have confidence to put him in with Ortiz, Ennis, Stanionis, Errol, Bud. A weight-drained Eubank is seen as easier - and bigger money. Meanwhile Eubank doesn't have confidence to fight Charlo, Munguia, Janilabek at 160 or contender at 168. Like a marriage of convenience.

Comment

Eddie Hearn is trying to replicate the achievement that catapulted Jesse Rodriguez into stardom at higher weight divisions with the fame behind Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank.

Not that Conor Benn isn't interesting to watch, he absolutely is considering how explosive and hard hitting he is.

He should rise in the welterweight rankings if he wins, but apparently there is a weight catch and weight clause. Eubank Jr has to come at 156 and not get over the weight limited applied to both parties although Benn has the edge because he is acclimated to cutting more weight between the two. Plus Chris Eubank Jr is 33 years old and 6 feet tall.

It is obvious Benn has all the advantages in the playing field.
                    Last edited by Feroz; 09-28-2022, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X