Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Felt Canelo Dominated Golovkin, Praises Technical Strategy in Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Felt Canelo Dominated Golovkin, Praises Technical Strategy in Trilogy

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman was ringside earlier this month, to watch Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez retain his undisputed super middleweight crown with a dominant twelve round unanimous decision in his rematch with Gennadiy Golovkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo is on the down side, especially without that tainted meat. And he still refuses to fight any of the African American contenders. It's a same his career has to wind down where he is fighting any bum he can find, but andrage, charlo are willing to move up to fight him, Give a brother a break and step up or just go back to eating those mexican cheese burgers
    Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
      Canelo is on the down side, especially without that tainted meat. And he still refuses to fight any of the African American contenders. It's a same his career has to wind down where he is fighting any bum he can find, but andrage, charlo are willing to move up to fight him, Give a brother a break and step up or just go back to eating those mexican cheese burgers
      People need to drop this "refuses to fight AA fighters" bullshít - Crawford has only just surpassed Canelo in number of BLACK fighters fought, Tank has only fought two black fighters and I could keep going like this for days, but of course you'll ignore this because your inherent biases.

let's not act like Canelo is avoiding black fighters he's fought the best fighter this side of the millennium and for some the best to ever do it and shockingly he was wait for it BLACK and unsurprisingly the very same has barely any black fighters on his resume whilst being in America the entirety of his career.

Most importantly Canelo was fighting in Mexico until his 32nd fight so the opportunity to fight said "black fighters" was comparatively less for more than half of Canelo's career and yet he's still more then likely fought more black fighters than your favourite black fighter...

The truth of the situation is just as many black fighters avoid other black fighters as you like to claim Canelo is...

Comment

Fat boy Sulaiman is such a fat POS!!!!

Comment

Wbc pres also doesn’t think canelo is a cheater yet we all know he is. He also was cool with the other corrupt cards he’s received in the past so his opinion is null and void. Truth is, there wasn’t much to celebrate about for either fighter that night. But at least ggg has the excuse of being old. Canelo has no excuse for the weak performance and gassing before the 40 yr old.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            Wbc pres also doesn’t think canelo is a cheater yet we all know he is. He also was cool with the other corrupt cards he’s received in the past so his opinion is null and void. Truth is, there wasn’t much to celebrate about for either fighter that night. But at least ggg has the excuse of being old. Canelo has no excuse for the weak performance and gassing before the 40 yr old.
            Canelo has always had stamina issues the only reason they didn't show up against Saunders/Plant/Smith is because none of them threw in volume and he was able to control the pace.

MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
              Canelo has always had stamina issues the only reason they didn't show up against Saunders/Plant/Smith is because none of them threw in volume and he was able to control the pace.
              I agree. Which is why I think Benavidez would be a nightmare but didn’t think 40 yr old ggg would because he looked has badly vs Murota and Derveyenchenko.

Comment

I don't know about Sulaiman's observation. Personally, he appeared old to me. He looked more tired than usual as if he is finally showing signs of aging. He could be burned out. He can't fight like that against David Benavidez or else he would risk getting knocked out.

Comment

The general consensus is that Canelo won two thirds of the fights.

It is true that Eddie and Dazn promoted is as the third and final fight which would be a war. That was selling at it's finest, although the fight was definitely not the level of the first two.

They're both older, but Canelo is still very young, whilst GGG had to be more measured in using his energy. We saw it against Murata, and against that level, he still wins.
                  KEY80ARDWARRI0R KEY80ARDWARRI0R likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    I agree. Which is why I think Benavidez would be a nightmare but didn’t think 40 yr old ggg would because he looked has badly vs Murota and Derveyenchenko.
                    I dunno Benavidez hasn't proven much either he has a good work rate and his size would be an issue but if Canelo lands that straight right down the pipe that Gavril did I want to see how well David can take it. I think the thing with the Golovkin fight is the fact that he didn't knock him out, which he deserves the backlash because he said plenty of times that was his intention, but let's be real nobody has even had Golovkin on the floor let alone out so that's a big task to achieve. I don't think Golovkin touches the canvas in his career just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X