Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barboza Jr. on Teofimo Lopez: He Hasn't Done **** in Our Division; Needs To Work His Way Back Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Barboza Jr. on Teofimo Lopez: He Hasn't Done **** in Our Division; Needs To Work His Way Back Up

Arnold Barboza Jr. doesn't appreciate how Teofimo Lopez views him as a stepping stone. Barboza, the 30-year-old 140-pound contender from Los Angeles, figured he was a frontrunner to face Lopez, the former lightweight champion, in the latter's debut at junior welterweight earlier this year. The two share the same promoter in Top Rank.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Barboza has worked himself up the hard way but there is such a thing as star power. Unfortunately it is prize fighting and the fighters that have earned the shot might not get it.

Comment

Teo had his comeback gimme from both his loss and to the division so no reason why this fight can't be made next It give us a clearer pic of who's the contender and pretender at 140 of the 2. I feel Barboza drowns Teo who will start to unfold once things aren't going his way late. Great fight though either way.
      Zaroku Zaroku landotter landotter like this.

Comment

Barboza hasn’t done shyt and been in the division forever LOL..

jealousy is a mfer!! LOL
        1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

Teofimo might never get back to the status he once had. Time will tell. His dad should prepare his son for a hard fight every time instead of saying Teo will KO in first round. Take a lesson from Rolly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
            Teofimo might never get back to the status he once had. Time will tell. His dad should prepare his son for a hard fight every time instead of saying Teo will KO in first round. Take a lesson from Rolly.
            Next fight with Pedraza should interesting

Comment

I hope the best for Barboza but at the Championship level you need some kind of power. I can't see guys like Lopez, Ramirez, Prograis, Taylor etc respecting Barboza.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post

Next fight with Pedraza should interesting
                That's a fight I would definitely like to see, If Pedraza keeps Lopez at the end of his jab it's a wrap, the Sniper in sharpshooter mode all night long.
                Pedraza has the focus, and discipline to execute that game plan, while Lopez doesn't have the concentration to find away around getting out boxed.
                Teofimo has definitely lost something (his all around boxing ability), electing to come at his opponent's like a puncher, which nullifies everything else he used to do.
                I think this is all his father's doing, putting it in his son's head that he can knockout everyone within the first few round's, and it has turned Lopez into a mediocre fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
                  I agree with you Tibburon245, I looks like Teofimo might never get back to the status he once had, and I do believe that his father is the one who has him thinking he's another Mike Tyson knockout artist.
                  As we can see Teofimo can't knockout all of his opponent's, as a matter of fact 3 of his last 5, have gone the distance those being Kambosos, Lomachenko, and Nakatani.
                  His father was able to take him to the top, now unwittingly he's bring him all the way back down to where they started from, we will see if this play's out in his next couple of fights.
                  landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I'm a big Sniper fan from way back. Thats the problem. Pedraza has been Puerto Ricos standard bearer for many years. Its a shame that he was overshadowed, in his prime, by that hype job, Verdejo.

Comment

Working...
                    X